Quantcast M17x DPC Latency - Page 177

Closed Thread
Page 177 of 377 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 3768
  1. #1761
    Notebook Nobel Laureate
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Branford, Connecticut
    Posts
    7,755
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: M17x DPC Latency, Stuttering, and Lock Ups

    Dequiallo
    are you happy with your machine?

    i'm not so i'm calling.
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Motorola Droid X
    WTB Very Cheap Gaming Laptop...
    256Bit Bus would be nice....

  2. #1762
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: M17x DPC Latency, Stuttering, and Lock Ups

    No, I'm not happy. And I'm also not happy at how we're forced to jump through hoops in order to get satisfaction for a product that was knowingly sold to us in a broken/defective state with no fix possible.

    That's not the sort of thing you fix on an as needed basis. You pull all affected units and replace them with something that works. Unless you put profit ahead of customer satisfaction, that is.

    Streamline the replacement process or whatever, and eliminate the hours of useless "tech support" for a problem that they cannot fix.

  3. #1763
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: M17x DPC Latency, Stuttering, and Lock Ups

    Quote Originally Posted by Dequiallo View Post
    No, I'm not happy. And I'm also not happy at how we're forced to jump through hoops in order to get satisfaction for a product that was knowingly sold to us in a broken/defective state with no fix possible.

    That's not the sort of thing you fix on an as needed basis. You pull all affected units and replace them with something that works. Unless you put profit ahead of customer satisfaction, that is.

    Streamline the replacement process or whatever, and eliminate the hours of useless "tech support" for a problem that they cannot fix.
    This is indeed the issue. What else is their to believe? I mean huge companies like Toyota can and will even though they lose money on it call back cars when they turn out to be defect. But Dell? Dell keeps on telling us that the solution is close and then we realize that Dell has told people this since July I find this very disturbing
    Specs for my AWESOME MACHINE : Alienware m17x-R2 Lunar Silver |Intel i7 620M | 17in WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 - Beyond HD (1200p) - Dual CCFL | 6144MB 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel | Hard Drive 320GB Serial ATA (7200RPM) | Blu-Ray ROM Combo Drive | 1GB ATI GDDR5 Mobility Radeon HD 5870 | Benchmark 13600 | Razer Naga mmog mouse

  4. #1764
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: M17x DPC Latency, Stuttering, and Lock Ups

    Quote Originally Posted by Dell-Bill_B View Post
    Let me assure everyone posting here of a couple of things.
    1. I will be personally watching and responding to this thread until the issue is resolved.
    2. Dell is taking this issue very seriously.

    Teams are working and in contact with each other working on this situation with a great degree of concern. I will keep you updated here in this thread throughout the process daily. Let me again apologize for the frustration.
    If Dell takes this seriously then how come we have not received a replacement? How come did Dell sell this m17x to me and other people for the last six months?
    Specs for my AWESOME MACHINE : Alienware m17x-R2 Lunar Silver |Intel i7 620M | 17in WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 - Beyond HD (1200p) - Dual CCFL | 6144MB 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel | Hard Drive 320GB Serial ATA (7200RPM) | Blu-Ray ROM Combo Drive | 1GB ATI GDDR5 Mobility Radeon HD 5870 | Benchmark 13600 | Razer Naga mmog mouse

  5. #1765
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: M17x DPC Latency, Stuttering, and Lock Ups

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf King View Post
    If Dell takes this seriously then how come we have not received a replacement? How come did Dell sell this m17x to me and other people for the last six months?
    Many people have gotten replacements, I guess you just have to call tech support and take your chances at asking for a replacement (R2, ATI's, etc.). But I do feel like the amount of time this is taking to fix is a bit much, and if it isn't resolved soon then imo some sort of exchange system should be in order...
    HP Envy 14
    i5 430m
    4GB RAM
    ATI Radeon Mobility 5650
    **1600x900 Radiance Display**

  6. #1766
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: M17x DPC Latency, Stuttering, and Lock Ups

    Quote Originally Posted by swg1251 View Post
    Many people have gotten replacements, I guess you just have to call tech support and take your chances at asking for a replacement (R2, ATI's, etc.). But I do feel like the amount of time this is taking to fix is a bit much, and if it isn't resolved soon then imo some sort of exchange system should be in order...
    I have already twice informed Dell by mail that I want to be offered a flawless m17x system as a replacement for the defect system they have sold me and that I am entitled to this according to the national consumer law Dell is operating under. The answer was this

    "Thank you for contacting Dell hardware support.

    I'm sorry for inconveniences.

    Regarding ATI problem we haven't experienced any problems yet.

    In this case I will forward this to our testing specialists to be able get feedback.

    As soon as I get any update you will be contacted.

    Regarding mentioned strange sound have you you found out if noise is coming from base of system or LCD screen or HDD?

    All these steps are essential to get to the final solution."

    Do I need to say that the answer made me a little angry

    Since this mail I have heard nothing...
    Specs for my AWESOME MACHINE : Alienware m17x-R2 Lunar Silver |Intel i7 620M | 17in WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 - Beyond HD (1200p) - Dual CCFL | 6144MB 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel | Hard Drive 320GB Serial ATA (7200RPM) | Blu-Ray ROM Combo Drive | 1GB ATI GDDR5 Mobility Radeon HD 5870 | Benchmark 13600 | Razer Naga mmog mouse

  7. #1767
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: M17x DPC Latency, Stuttering, and Lock Ups

    My ATIs did fix most of the problem, but I have noticed the occasional (maybe once a day) freeze in the system. If I walk away the system will come back in about 2 minutes.

    Other than that I haven't noticed stuttering.

  8. #1768
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    530
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: M17x DPC Latency, Stuttering, and Lock Ups

    Quote Originally Posted by Dell-Bill_B View Post
    Let me assure everyone posting here of a couple of things.
    1. I will be personally watching and responding to this thread until the issue is resolved.
    2. Dell is taking this issue very seriously.

    Teams are working and in contact with each other working on this situation with a great degree of concern. I will keep you updated here in this thread throughout the process daily. Let me again apologize for the frustration.
    bill, come on. please let the executives in dell know about this. we SHOULD BE GIVEN A CHOICE to get a replacement if you dont want to wait.

    and for once please tell us the os your testing on because if its vista then you guys are really really having no clue

    i know there are some people who would like to keep this machine because it has integrated graphics but there are also some like me who couldnt care less and only WANT A PROPER WORKING LAPTOP.

    there is NO REASON why we should KEEP WAITING while you guys draw straws and play scissors paper stone to see what could be the cause and after SO LONG come out with a useless fix (like the one you just released). its not even a bios update. you call that a fix? almost everyone in this forum has done what your fix said a long long time ago.

    i am running stock hardware, qx9300 4gbram 2x500gbhdd 4870s in xfire with a fresh win 7 home premium 64 install with all latest dell drivers from the site and some games to test and i still get

    this in mw2






    i seriously think dell feels that they can afford to lose customers like us with this amazing stunt.

    6 months of waiting for a fix.

    ps:i love my $7000 paperweight. it has lights that can be changed between 24 colors and it also makes a good weapon to bring into fights.
    Last edited by rubyboy79; 21st February 2010 at 11:05 AM.

  9. #1769
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: M17x DPC Latency, Stuttering, and Lock Ups

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattk View Post
    My ATIs did fix most of the problem, but I have noticed the occasional (maybe once a day) freeze in the system. If I walk away the system will come back in about 2 minutes.

    Other than that I haven't noticed stuttering.
    Indeed I agree that the Bios A03 did reduced the Red spikes, but it did not eliminate them. When I scroll a website up or down I can actually produce the red spikes with a value around 5000 us.
    Specs for my AWESOME MACHINE : Alienware m17x-R2 Lunar Silver |Intel i7 620M | 17in WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 - Beyond HD (1200p) - Dual CCFL | 6144MB 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel | Hard Drive 320GB Serial ATA (7200RPM) | Blu-Ray ROM Combo Drive | 1GB ATI GDDR5 Mobility Radeon HD 5870 | Benchmark 13600 | Razer Naga mmog mouse

  10. #1770
    Notebook Nobel Laureate
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Branford, Connecticut
    Posts
    7,755
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: M17x DPC Latency, Stuttering, and Lock Ups

    i dont have a video recorder to show him mines.
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Motorola Droid X
    WTB Very Cheap Gaming Laptop...
    256Bit Bus would be nice....

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:07 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1