Quantcast Rotating structure that lifts your screen down and up is broken(i have pics)

+ Reply to Thread

Default Rotating structure that lifts your screen down and up is broken(i have pics)

I was watching a movie, and when I chose to close my computer, I heard strange sounds, and I found this metal thing that rotates my screen up and down on the left broken/immovable.

Anyway to fix? I have no warranty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo (7).jpg   photo (6).jpg  

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: Rotating structure that lifts your screen down and up is broken(i have pics)

That would be known as a hinge - and yours appears to be broken. Unfortunately, I don't personally know of any fixes =\

Company Representative

Default Re: Rotating structure that lifts your screen down and up is broken(i have pics)

I would say that replacing the hinge assembly would be the only way (you will probably need to replace the entire LCD assembly for that).
    Alienware L. Porras
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty, check our disassemble videos on YouTube
    Quickest way to get support from Dell: Twitter via @AlienwareTech or Facebook.com/Alienware using the "message" link. I can't always reply to PM's.