Quantcast What games can the M14x not run? - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default Re: What games can the M14x not run?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtonyman View Post
    I think a lot of m14x issues could be fixed if someone got a bios modded so it would be possible to turn off the IGPU for when you are gaming, but you could turn it on when you need the battery. works great on my m17x
    well you can force the nvidia card as default in the nvidia control panel but idk if it fixes all issues
    M14X | 2630 | 4GB Ram | 750gb| 1.5GB 555M @ 830/1660/900 .93v mod | 900P | A03 Unlocked Bios|

Alienware Noob!

Quote Originally Posted by tyler27 View Post
    well you can force the nvidia card as default in the nvidia control panel but idk if it fixes all issues

it works for most games but not all games(GTA 4 as an example). With the bios mod you wouldn't even have to do that all you would have to do would be disable the IGPU, and everything would run off the gt 555m.

Notebook Evangelist

the way optimus works on nvidia you CANT disable the IGP. It uses the IGP to display the image you see even while using nvidia GPU

Alienware Noob!

Quote Originally Posted by tassadar898 View Post
    the way optimus works on nvidia you CANT disable the IGP. It uses the IGP to display the image you see even while using nvidia GPU
    I have optimus and it doesn't work that way.... I can disable the IGPU or my 460m and run with the other opposite one. you just need an unlocked bios and I haven't seen one for the m14x

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout4 View Post
    I have already found that the Witcher 2 is unplayable at medium or high settings without getting a degree in computer science to modify .ini files or whatever. Seriously I should not have to modify anything on a laptop that is advertised with the witcher 2 on the monitor. But anyway, what other games can this thing not run?
    The only games that M14x (or Windows 64Bit) cannot run are those that made for Windows XP 32Bit, like C&C Red Alert 2 for example or any game that is make before 2007.

You said what game can the M14x not run, but you also said that Witcher 2 is "unplayable" <- that mean you Can it just it is run poorly, I think that game is somewhat similar to GTA4, where you have whitelist the game but still unable to get the game to run on the GT555M, I think it is better to ask around in their forum or contact the game's tech support, they might be able to help you.

M14xR1 : 2720QM : 8GB 1866Mhz : GT555M 3GB OC@800/1600/1080 v314.22 : 750GB : HD+ (900p) : Ultimate N 6205 : Win7 Pro 64x :
    BF3 ID: N0vvh3r315s4f3, Steam ID: CGSDR. Feel free to add me, however please also let me know who you are as well to avoid confusion.
    Alienware M14xR1 Resources/Drivers/Goodies | Guide: How to Whitelist games on an Optimus Machine | Alienware M14xR1/R2 Ingrater's AlienFX Plugin

God Amongst Mere Mortals

Quote Originally Posted by FahrenheitGTI View Post
    If it can't run a game it is either because of drivers or bad optimization. The GT 555M should be able to handle any modern game.
    Have to agree with the above statement, the GT 555M should not have any troubles running a modern game. That doesn't mean you can play on High or Ultra on every single game, just means you can play a game without really having to check the computer requirement specifications.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by CGSDR View Post
    The only games that M14x (or Windows 64Bit) cannot run are those that made for Windows XP 32Bit, like C&C Red Alert 2 for example or any game that is make before 2007.
    I've been running Civ 4 and Baldur's Gate 2 just fine.

Also, GTA4 runs at a nice stable 25-30 FPS on my M14x.

I've heard some horrible things about Witcher 2, but I've also seen it run at 30-40 FPS on Youtube (specifically on the M14x).
    So there must be a way.
    http://the-skyrim-blog.blogspot.com/
    M14x i7 2630, 1.5 Gb GT555m, 6Gb RAM, 900pee, 500 Gb Bluetooth, Black

Notebook Enthusiast

The only thing I've had a problem running was GTAIV and it ran god awful. I then found out the issues with it so I just let it drop for the moment. Crysis ran okay, I don't see myself maxing it out with all the settings since I ran in the low teens for FPS.

Hopefully we can Max Diablo 3 =3

Alienware Noob!

Quote Originally Posted by goodboynyc View Post
    The only thing I've had a problem running was GTAIV and it ran god awful. I then found out the issues with it so I just let it drop for the moment. Crysis ran okay, I don't see myself maxing it out with all the settings since I ran in the low teens for FPS.

Hopefully we can Max Diablo 3 =3
    I couldn't get GTA 4 to work with optimus either its one of the worst coded games I have ever seen.

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by kimjo42 View Post
    I've been running Civ 4 and Baldur's Gate 2 just fine.

Also, GTA4 runs at a nice stable 25-30 FPS on my M14x.

I've heard some horrible things about Witcher 2, but I've also seen it run at 30-40 FPS on Youtube (specifically on the M14x).
    So there must be a way.
    Well I'd like to correct myself one thing, I was confuse with the year, I mean any game that is make before 2004 would have some issue with Windows 7 64Bit version BUT if you play with Windows 7 32Bit it wouldnt be any trouble, because on my old Desktop which run on Windows 7 32Bit Ultimate and it can play on pretty much every games (incl DOS game), and GTA4 I can run it on high (and max out nearly everything) and able to get an average of 30-45 fps, as well as on the benchmark it show that my avg fps was 40~45.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtonyman View Post
    I couldn't get GTA 4 to work with optimus either its one of the worst coded games I have ever seen.
    Follow this link to my old post, it contain both the commandline and benchmark I ran back in the time I have GTA4 installed -> GTA4 Benchmark and Commandline

M14xR1 : 2720QM : 8GB 1866Mhz : GT555M 3GB OC@800/1600/1080 v314.22 : 750GB : HD+ (900p) : Ultimate N 6205 : Win7 Pro 64x :
    BF3 ID: N0vvh3r315s4f3, Steam ID: CGSDR. Feel free to add me, however please also let me know who you are as well to avoid confusion.
    Alienware M14xR1 Resources/Drivers/Goodies | Guide: How to Whitelist games on an Optimus Machine | Alienware M14xR1/R2 Ingrater's AlienFX Plugin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast