Quantcast How do I reformat my laptop to its factory settings?

+ Reply to Thread

Default How do I reformat my laptop to its factory settings?

Hi, I want to reformat my m14x back to its factory settings but I have no clue how. I was having problems running programs and things not opening, so I figured I just wipe it clean and start again.

If anyone knows how, it would be great help!

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: How do I reformat my laptop to its factory settings?

Hmm, if you reformat it to factory settings, then you must also reinstall all the drivers, I think a better idea for now would be a system restore, it acts like a time machine for your computer, so you could go back to when things did work. But if you would like to do the full restore, here is a guide:
    HOW TO: Clean Windows 7 Install (Driver Install Order) Guide for Alienware Systems

I being dumb, put in the windows 7 media disk that came with the laptop and I believe it erased the settings because now I'm stuck with a very choppy looking computer. I didnt create a "media recovery" disk, that everyone talks about to get the out of the box state. Am I screwed?

Notebook Evangelist

Use alienware alienrespawn. Just a few clicks and it'll be factory new, not like a fresh windows install.
    -Alienware M14x core i7 2630qm, 1.5 gb gt555m, 6gb Ram, 900p Resolution, Bluetooth, Corsair Force GT 180gb SSD,
    -Macbook Air 13 inch, core i5, 128 gb ssd, 4gb ram

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by fattyboy View Post
    Hi, I want to reformat my m14x back to its factory settings but I have no clue how. I was having problems running programs and things not opening, so I figured I just wipe it clean and start again.

If anyone knows how, it would be great help!
    Did you create a recovery Disc when you receive your laptop? If so just insert that disc and restart, then just follow the setup installer instruction (it is easy just like you install your Windows)

M14xR1 : 2720QM : 8GB 1866Mhz : GT555M 3GB OC@800/1600/1080 v314.22 : 750GB : HD+ (900p) : Ultimate N 6205 : Win7 Pro 64x :
    BF3 ID: N0vvh3r315s4f3, Steam ID: CGSDR. Feel free to add me, however please also let me know who you are as well to avoid confusion.
    Alienware M14xR1 Resources/Drivers/Goodies | Guide: How to Whitelist games on an Optimus Machine | Alienware M14xR1/R2 Ingrater's AlienFX Plugin