Quantcast M14x Battlefield 3 Perfomance & Discussion Thread - Page 11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: M14x Battlefield 3 Perfomance & Discussion Thread

Thank u! You are so nice! I will get one BF3 for my laptop soon.LOL

Notebook Evangelist

Default Im well impressed bf3 runs great on m14x

got bf3 yet to go online but im well impressed that the campaign runs great at good fps and looks amazing im playing with medium settings

anyone else playing it and impressed

Notebook Guru

Default Re: Im well impressed bf3 runs great on m14x

Quote Originally Posted by smokingjam View Post
    got bf3 yet to go online but im well impressed that the campaign runs great at good fps and looks amazing im playing with medium settings

anyone else playing it and impressed
    The game is great and the m14x is better . I was worried about how it would run the game, and heat issues, but it has been working like a charm. Haven't gone over 80"c while playing. I love them both.

Notebook Consultant

No idea what fps i'm getting! but running it at high settings and its V playable! cant see any slow down at all! This is using the latest official verde 285.62 drivers from nvidia.

V happy with the m14x! especially as the BF3 site says my machine isnt good enough to play it! Bah! what do they know! GT555M ftw!
    Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
    Born 10/06/14

Roccat Kone(+) Gaming mouse, Razer Goliathus Control

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: Im well impressed bf3 runs great on m14x

So the m14x can play on line with a great FPS? Happy to hear that! Bur still a little worry……LOL

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by evilras View Post
    No idea what fps i'm getting! but running it at high settings and its V playable! cant see any slow down at all! This is using the latest official verde 285.62 drivers from nvidia.

V happy with the m14x! especially as the BF3 site says my machine isnt good enough to play it! Bah! what do they know! GT555M ftw!
    That GPU analyser, analyse only the Desktop version of NVIDIA GPU, so even you have a GTX 580, you will get the same either unplayable or able to play at low-medium message. And plus since Desktop is the PC true lead platform so that why I dont think they would even bother to fix that analyser.

I use to try to run at Ultra, the avg fps was between 10 ~ 25 (according to Fraps), high at between 20 ~ 35, Medium at between 30 ~ 45, Auto setting is 25 ~ 40, however I tweak it a bit, and able to get around 35 ~ 50 with an Overclocked GT555m. All setting are test on 900p 60Hz with no V-Sync on.

M14xR1 : 2720QM : 8GB 1866Mhz : GT555M 3GB OC@800/1600/1080 v314.22 : 750GB : HD+ (900p) : Ultimate N 6205 : Win7 Pro 64x :
    BF3 ID: N0vvh3r315s4f3, Steam ID: CGSDR. Feel free to add me, however please also let me know who you are as well to avoid confusion.
    Alienware M14xR1 Resources/Drivers/Goodies | Guide: How to Whitelist games on an Optimus Machine | Alienware M14xR1/R2 Ingrater's AlienFX Plugin

Notebook Enthusiast

Kind of off topic, but anyone know any good beginner clans? Always wanted to join one and i think this might just be the game...haha

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jmindamix View Post
    Kind of off topic, but anyone know any good beginner clans? Always wanted to join one and i think this might just be the game...haha
    You might want to have a look at this, however this is not a clan, but it work somewhat similar to a clan - Recruiting Platoon Members Oh btw, you must have the game installed and have an EA/Origin account to access this website.

M14xR1 : 2720QM : 8GB 1866Mhz : GT555M 3GB OC@800/1600/1080 v314.22 : 750GB : HD+ (900p) : Ultimate N 6205 : Win7 Pro 64x :
    BF3 ID: N0vvh3r315s4f3, Steam ID: CGSDR. Feel free to add me, however please also let me know who you are as well to avoid confusion.
    Alienware M14xR1 Resources/Drivers/Goodies | Guide: How to Whitelist games on an Optimus Machine | Alienware M14xR1/R2 Ingrater's AlienFX Plugin

Notebook Consultant

some interesting posts here... thought I'd chime in with my 2 cents

my l702x isn't gonna be much different from the m14x when it comes to performance in this game, same card, latest nvidia driver, overclocked etc (760/960)

single player is one thing... DICE have optimised each area to get the most out of your GPU, seeing 60fps in single player isn't a big deal

however, anyone saying they're getting a constant 50+ fps with "high" mode running at 900p, or even 768p for that matter in large scale maps like caspain border is bending the truth :-P

keep this in mind:

resolution has the biggest impact on frame rate, going from 900p to 768p gives about 10fps

the next biggest hitter is MSAA (antialiasing deferred) which should be turned off with this card anyway. Post Process AA has NO FPS IMPACT (well, 1 or 2 fps at most) so it's personal choice if you like the blurry/vaseline type look this adds to the overall image.

turning motion blur on at all has about a 4/5fps hit to the image, even if you're not moving - keep it off

Ambient Occlusion. Without AO you will find some areas can look quite flat, it adds a level of self shadowing and depth which makes it subtle but worthwhile. SSAO is about a 5fps hit whereas HBAO is around a 10fps hit... it's not worth 10fps, just use SSAO

AF makes those gorgeous textures look good at angles/far away... go for 4X or 8X, performance impact is minimal.

Texture Quality, if you can actually notice the difference between the "high" and "ultra" textures then you're superhuman, just keep it on "high" - there will be no performance benefit over "ultra" but loading games may be quicker.

VSync adds a slight performance hit, but with so much going on (particle effects, post-processing blur/smoke/lense flare on screen etc) screen tearing is noticeable... IMO it's worth keeping vsync on.

Mesh Quality controls the level of detail on buildings, items, terrain etc (yes, even though there's a "terrain quality" option... mesh quality still seems to effect terrain) lowering polygon count, the distance at which the LOD of objects changes. There's a fair difference between "medium" and "high" with this setting, some smaller buildings, trees, less important objects will dissapear alltogether in the distance. Try it yourself, on caspian border you'll see a 3-4fps difference going from medium-high settings. Stand in the operation metro tunnel entrance and look at the geometry of the rocks around the entrance when you switch from medium to high. It's noticeable but still worth keeping on "medium" for a FPS boost.

All the other settings have a very subtle, almost not noticeable difference when going from medium to high... and the frame rate increase mirrors this as you'll only gain around an extra 4 or 5fps from taking terrain quality, shadow quality, effects quality and terrain decoration from medium to high (and I still haven't found an area where I can notice a difference between medium and high terrain quality... hence I just keep it on medium)

play around with it yourself but I'm using

1600*900

texture qual: high
    shadow qual: high
    effects qual: high
    mesh qual: medium
    terrain qual: medium
    terrain decoration: high
    antialiasing deferred: off
    antialiasing post: low (looks too "blurry" when on high)
    motion blur: off
    anisotropic filter: 8x
    ambient occlusion: SSAO
    VSYNC: on

finally I've got my FOV on "80", this could possibly impact performance over the default "70" but I haven't tested it

with those settings I'm averaging around 30FPS-40FPS on largescale maps, to view your frame rate pull down the console with the "`" key (on a UK keyboard anyway... it's the one above "tab") and type "Render.DrawFps 1" to have your frame rate constantly displayed.
    2011 - XPS L702X with Optimus

i7-2820QM | Nvidia GT 555M 3GB (OC 740mhz core/1040mhz mem) + Intel HD 3000 (Optimus) | 8GB DDR3 | AUO B173HW01 v.4 1080p Screen | 640GB HDD | Backlit KB | 9-cell Battery | Sony BD-5730S Blu-Ray BD Writer | TV Tuner | Logitech G400

JoN vMagic glad u finnaly reply, u seem like u noe a lot when it comes to this! I have a few questions! Are u playing in windowed mode? How far is ya memory overclocked? Cos i have the same card but just in a dell xps17! Also does ya framerate dip below 30? N are the settings the optimal choice for quality n performance?

Thnx a lot buddy srry for spelling im usin ma iphone to reply to u

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast