Quantcast Is Dell Datasafe Local Backup needed?

Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Is Dell Datasafe Local Backup needed?

    This thing is constantly running and I wonder if it is even something I need?

    Is there a way to uninstall it and should I do it, or is it better to just keep it?

  2. #2
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    256
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Is Dell Datasafe Local Backup needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazerpooper View Post
    This thing is constantly running and I wonder if it is even something I need?

    Is there a way to uninstall it and should I do it, or is it better to just keep it?
    I guess that would depend on your back up needs.

    I got rid of it as soon as I got my comp. I also have good habits when it comes to back up. I manually back all my important stuff up on multiple external HDD.

    I format my computer maybe 2 or 3 times a year. I like to do fresh install to eliminate the possibility of problems that might be in the current image.

    A little piece of mind knowing my computer will be running optimally.

  3. #3
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Is Dell Datasafe Local Backup needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by tecrp7 View Post
    I guess that would depend on your back up needs.

    I got rid of it as soon as I got my comp. I also have good habits when it comes to back up. I manually back all my important stuff up on multiple external HDD.

    I format my computer maybe 2 or 3 times a year. I like to do fresh install to eliminate the possibility of problems that might be in the current image.

    A little piece of mind knowing my computer will be running optimally.
    I am pretty much in the same boat. Does it uninstall easily?

  4. #4
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    256
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Is Dell Datasafe Local Backup needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazerpooper View Post
    I am pretty much in the same boat. Does it uninstall easily?
    It's been about a year now, Can't really remember.

    I think it was just a add/remove program click away from getting the boot.

    I upgraded to an SSD almost immidiately. I never really care for the images they send with the comp

    Plus if I ever do want to actually do an image backup, I bought Acronis and its a pretty good software.

    Also if I remember correctly, You have to pay for the Data Safe eventually any ways.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1