Quantcast SRS Technology sound - default settings anywhere?

Closed Thread
    Notebook Consultant

Default SRS Technology sound - default settings anywhere?

with SRS enabled, the bass is cranked up so high by default that it causes distortion out of my speakers. if i lower it, i'll check it again a few hours later and something (probably another program) has caused it to revert back to the original settings. bass at 70%, etc.

any ideas on how to make a change to this setting and make it stick?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SRS.jpg  

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: SRS Technology sound - default settings anywhere?

Bump

I would also love to found out how to change this. I hate having to change all the settings every time i plug in my headset because it sets the crossover too high.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatrain View Post
    Bump

I would also love to found out how to change this. I hate having to change all the settings every time i plug in my headset because it sets the crossover too high.
    i know, right? this is really bugging me. i'm guessing there's a little registry fix. also, there's a little check box that you can uncheck that says "let other programs take control of SRS" or something to that effect. i may uncheck it, open a bunch of different programs and games, then come back and check the SRS settings again.

in related news, i have been regularly changing the settings for the past couple days, and just the other day, my computer just froze while watching a random youtube video (480p). the sound did that frozen/loop thing, the screen froze, and the only thing i could do was a hard reset (holding the power button).

i have since left the SRS settings alone and haven't had this problem again in the past ~48 hours.

Notebook Geek

Quote Originally Posted by frescagod View Post
    with SRS enabled, the bass is cranked up so high by default that it causes distortion out of my speakers. if i lower it, i'll check it again a few hours later and something (probably another program) has caused it to revert back to the original settings. bass at 70%, etc.

You've just taught me something about my M11X - I had no idea that SRS control panel existed

There's also an interesting looking "Loudness Equalization" option on the "Enhancements" tab...

Notebook Evangelist

Yes. Try configuring the SRS sound through the REALTEK HD AUDIO MANAGER (there is an SRS tab in the panel) That should make it perm

Notebook Virtuoso

I see that you're going to Windows --> Sound properties.

The only other program that I can think of that would affect that setting would be the RealTek audio control panel. Try going into there (you can find it in your Start Menu --> Programs) and seeing if changing settings there has any more permanent effect.
    Laptop Madness (w/unboxing pics): | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images
    Lenovo Y500 | Core i7-3630M | 16GB RAM | 256GB mSATA SSD + 1TB HDD | 2x GeForce 650M GPU (SLI) | 15.6" 1920x1080 Display | Etymotic ER-4P Headphones | 5.95lbs