Quantcast Acer Laptop with Phoenix BIOS: BIOS MOD Request - Page 78

Closed Thread
Page 78 of 318 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Acer Laptop with Phoenix BIOS: BIOS MOD Request

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: Acer Laptop with Phoenix BIOS: BIOS MOD Request

I'm curious about 2 things...

I did a search and I haven't seen any requests/posts for a Acer 4920 BIOS. Is this BIOS perhaps the same as another here?

Is there a similar program for editing an Award BIOS?

I have a Jetway NF-93 mini-itx board that has an Award BIOS that ignores some CPU features and I'd be very interested if there was some way to enhance it to enable these.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by seaman View Post
    Hi kizwan,

I am having trouble downloading your tutorial - Unlock Hidden Menu - from mediafire link . Could you post another link , please ?

EDIT: OK, I got the file - server must have been very busy.

Also, can you mod Aspire 8942G bios to unlock hidden menus, if any ?
    Here is link for bios - http://rs807l36.rapidshare.com/files...1-_AS8942G.WPH

Thank you

In the mean time , I tried open my bios with PBE 2.2.0.1 - it says BCP not found.
    I tried opening with PBE PRO 2.2.1.3 - it says PSI Aanlysis Fail.
    I noticed that you could not open too another bios for some Aspire new model.
    Phoenix Mod Tool says - bios new style.
    Any progress on this new bioses ? Is there a new utility to open these new bioses?
    And a stupid question - how do you get into Emulation screen in PBE ?

Thank you

Lord Pringles

Hi guys,

I have collected the BIOS MOD requests which I haven't processed yet. I will working on the oldest first & then on to newer one. Please wait, I'll work as fast as possible.

@seaman, I already tried to split the Aspire 8942G BIOS image to correct length & offsets but PBE still can't open it. Your only option is by modding (to be exact, re-build) it with Phoenix SLIC Mod tool. You still can follow the tutorial (PDF file) you downloaded earlier. The only difference is you will need to use Phoenix SLIC Mod tool to decompress the original BIOS image & re-build the modified BIOS image after you have modified it. I'll looking into this later.
    Last edited by kizwan; 10th October 2010 at 04:54 AM. Reason: add more information
    Dell Studio 1557 | Intel Core i7-720QM - CPU Microcode Update Rev 4 | 4GB | dGPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 + eGPU: PowerColor HD 5870
    Asus A42JV/K42JV | Intel Core i5-450M | 4GB DDR3 1066MHz | nVidia GeForce GT 335M 1GB DDR3 with Optimus technology | WLED 1366x768 14"
    Phoenix BIOS MOD Request | Acer Notebook Clock Generators/PLL | Guide to BIOS mod for Dual-IDA

Lord Pringles

Quote Originally Posted by csavery View Post
    Is there a similar program for editing an Award BIOS?

I have a Jetway NF-93 mini-itx board that has an Award BIOS that ignores some CPU features and I'd be very interested if there was some way to enhance it to enable these.
    Yes, there are software/tools for Award BIOS. To modify Award BIOS, first you will need to understand it's structure.

Every computer have unique BIOS. Only computer which share the same motherboard & same BIOS chip may share same BIOS image. As for your Aspire 4920 BIOS, I'll look into it later.
    Dell Studio 1557 | Intel Core i7-720QM - CPU Microcode Update Rev 4 | 4GB | dGPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 + eGPU: PowerColor HD 5870
    Asus A42JV/K42JV | Intel Core i5-450M | 4GB DDR3 1066MHz | nVidia GeForce GT 335M 1GB DDR3 with Optimus technology | WLED 1366x768 14"
    Phoenix BIOS MOD Request | Acer Notebook Clock Generators/PLL | Guide to BIOS mod for Dual-IDA

Notebook Deity

Hey kizwan,

I have got one question.

Acer changed the VGA Bios Version (Ati 5650) between the Bios version 1.13 and 1.17.

Will it be possible to extract the VGA Bios out of the 1.13 and rebuild the 1.17 bios with the VGA bios from 1.13?

At least we was able to open the bios with the Phoenix Tool after the cut down to 2048KB.

Thanks

Lord Pringles

Quote Originally Posted by Just_a_Nick View Post
    Acer changed the VGA Bios Version (Ati 5650) between the Bios version 1.13 and 1.17.

Will it be possible to extract the VGA Bios out of the 1.13 and rebuild the 1.17 bios with the VGA bios from 1.13?

At least we was able to open the bios with the Phoenix Tool after the cut down to 2048KB.
    Yes. Locate the VBIOS in the option rom. When you select any option rom, you will see what it is at the status bar. If it is VBIOS for your 5650, you'll see "ATI" at the status bar.

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by kizwan View Post
    Yes. Locate the VBIOS in the option rom. When you select any option rom, you will see what it is at the status bar. If it is VBIOS for your 5650, you'll see "ATI" at the status bar.
    Hey kizwan,

there is no option rom visible in Bios Editor.

If I open the rom file I get the following errors,
    "An unsupported module class 'Q' was found in file _Q00, do you want to continue?" "Yes/No"

"An unsupported module class 'H' was found in file _H00, do you want to continue?" "Yes/No"

"An unsupported module class 'K' was found in file _K00, do you want to continue?" "Yes/No"

There are 3 modules are under "Other Module", could one of them e the VGA bios file?

Lord Pringles

Quote Originally Posted by Sayko View Post
    Hi Kizwan, would it be possible to unlock all hidden mednus of a 7741G BIOS?
    Aspire 7741G BIOS is not compatible with PBE. You still can decompress & re-build with Phoenix SLIC Mod tool. However, it is hard for me to do it since I don't know which option already unlocked & which aren't. It is also hard to re-build with Phoenix SLIC Mod tool since it have limited functionality unlike PBE. Please follow the tutorial (PDF file) to learn on how to unlocked the hidden option yourself.

Lord Pringles

Quote Originally Posted by alex_ncfc View Post
    Don't suppose anyone knows of a modded BIOS for the Aspire 7520 laptop? Would be interested to see which options can be unlocked on this??
    I can see one locked option in Aspire 7520 BIOS image which is Processor Assisted Virtualization. I'm not sure which processor do you have & does your processor support Virtualization. If you can install 64-bit OS on VMware Workstation, that mean Virtualization mode is enabled by default. Which means you don't need modified BIOS with Processor Assisted Virtualization option unlocked. If you have any specific request please specify here.

Lord Pringles

Quote Originally Posted by clpdj View Post
    Kizwan can you make a bios mode for the acer 5930? I have one slic edited if you want to use has "Base"... I wold like to have a way to turn off IEST in the bios....

could you edit my bios to unlock all options please....

Bguards m8
    This is modified BIOS image for Aspire 5930. It based on BIOS v1.23. What changes in this image:-
    Intel SpeedStep menu
    Supported models:-
    Aspire 5925G
    Aspire 5930
    Aspire 5930G
    Aspire 5930Z
    Aspire 5930 BIOS_v1.23 IST MOD.rar

NOTES: Under "Workaround Control Sub-Menu", there are a lot of sub-menus. Please be careful with it. If your computer doesn't boot after changing something in the sub-menu, you will need to disconnect the CMOS/RTC battery to reset CMOS back to default. To do so, you will need to open your notebook casing.
    Please make sure your notebook can recover corrupted BIOS with CRISIS disk before flashing BIOS with this modified BIOS image. I will not responsible for any problem. Good luck.
    Last edited by kizwan; 23rd January 2012 at 11:18 AM.