Quantcast Acer Laptop with Phoenix BIOS: BIOS MOD Request - Page 176

Closed Thread
Page 176 of 318 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 3180
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Acer Laptop with Phoenix BIOS: BIOS MOD Request

Lord Pringles

Default Re: Acer Aspire 1652wlmi Phoenix BIOS: BIOS MOD Request

Quote Originally Posted by corno77 View Post
    Dear All,

I have the PC in the subject, and I need to know if exist the possibility to have an unlocked BIOS from one of the expert here.

If you need some more info, please ask.

Thanks in advance.
    I have a couple of questions:-
    1) Which one is your Aspire 1652's BIOS?
    1. BIOS For Intel Graphic Card
    2. BIOS Acer BIOS for ATI X700 Graphic Card
    3. BIOS Acer BIOS for ATI X600 Graphic Card
    4. BIOS Acer BIOS for ATI X300 Graphic Card
    2) I take a look in one of the BIOS & I found nothing interesting. Can you specify what do you want or what do you expect from it?
    Dell Studio 1557 | Intel Core i7-720QM - CPU Microcode Update Rev 4 | 4GB | dGPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 + eGPU: PowerColor HD 5870
    Asus A42JV/K42JV | Intel Core i5-450M | 4GB DDR3 1066MHz | nVidia GeForce GT 335M 1GB DDR3 with Optimus technology | WLED 1366x768 14"
    Phoenix BIOS MOD Request | Acer Notebook Clock Generators/PLL | Guide to BIOS mod for Dual-IDA

I have the X300 Graphic Card version. In my bios there is the advanced menu that appear empty, so I think there is some kind of blok on this menu.
    I would like to enable that menu, and if is not present in it, to have to possibility to overclock the CPU, memory and so on.

Thanks.

Lord Pringles

Quote Originally Posted by corno77 View Post
    I have the X300 Graphic Card version. In my bios there is the advanced menu that appear empty, so I think there is some kind of blok on this menu.
    I would like to enable that menu, and if is not present in it, to have to possibility to overclock the CPU, memory and so on.

Thanks.
    In the Advanced menu, there are infrared, serial port & parallel port settings, nothing else. It is an old BIOS & a basic one. There are no CPU or memory overclock/control options in BIOS. Not even VT menu.
    Dell Studio 1557 | Intel Core i7-720QM - CPU Microcode Update Rev 4 | 4GB | dGPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 + eGPU: PowerColor HD 5870
    Asus A42JV/K42JV | Intel Core i5-450M | 4GB DDR3 1066MHz | nVidia GeForce GT 335M 1GB DDR3 with Optimus technology | WLED 1366x768 14"
    Phoenix BIOS MOD Request | Acer Notebook Clock Generators/PLL | Guide to BIOS mod for Dual-IDA

ok , thanks anyway 4 ur time.

Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: Acer Laptop with Phoenix BIOS: BIOS MOD Request

Quote Originally Posted by kizwan View Post
    This is modified BIOS image for Dell XPS L501X. It is based on BIOS A06.
    Dell XPS L501X A06 MOD.rar
    (MD5: E63BBB0B50408476231FF4BE438114AE)
    Some of the unlocked hidden Sub-Menu:-
    • CPU Control Sub-Menu
    • PCH Control Sub-Menu
    sry for the late reply. been busy with school.

anyways, the flash went fine and tho i didnt understand most things in the bios

i was able to disable hyperthreading, tho re-enabling it didnt work. even though it said "enabled", cpu-z was still only reporting 2 cores and2 threads. i reset the bios to default settings and HT was back to normal. i tried to disable the "IDG" which i think is the intel graphics card so that the laptop would only use the nvidia card, but that didnt seem to work/didnt do anything. there's also a bunch of options that i think are for the higher-end cpus like turbo, extreme edition, and vt-d, but i don't think my i3-370m supports that so setting those to "enable" didnt do much.

well at least i was able to disable HT which for some reason lead to smoother gameplay in some of my games and supposedly uses less heat. thanks for the bios!

Lord Pringles

Quote Originally Posted by conscriptvirus View Post
    i was able to disable hyperthreading, tho re-enabling it didnt work. even though it said "enabled", cpu-z was still only reporting 2 cores and2 threads. i reset the bios to default settings and HT was back to normal. i tried to disable the "IDG" which i think is the intel graphics card so that the laptop would only use the nvidia card, but that didnt seem to work/didnt do anything. there's also a bunch of options that i think are for the higher-end cpus like turbo, extreme edition, and vt-d, but i don't think my i3-370m supports that so setting those to "enable" didnt do much.

well at least i was able to disable HT which for some reason lead to smoother gameplay in some of my games and supposedly uses less heat. thanks for the bios!
    About the HT issue there, it maybe just a glitch. Resetting BIOS to default setting should take care of it, just like you did there. Is this notebook came with Nvidia optimus? Maybe because of this notebook configuration, IGD settings is being ignored. If it is standard switchable graphic cards, you should be able to disabled IGD. That IF the primary graphic card is not the IGD. All other setting like turbo boost, extreme edition & VT-d will only work with supported hardware. At least if you upgrade to i7-620M, you will get Turbo Boost & VT-d support.

Some games will have problem if they see more cores than they supported. They just don't know what to do. Disabling some cores helps fixed the problem. I don't know about the heat but processor still consumed the same amount of power, so basically there should be not much of different in the heat dissipation between HT enabled or disabled.

Thank you for giving me the feedback of the modified BIOS.

Notebook Enthusiast

Did someone already manage to unlock the 1.19 Bios (or a previous) of the acer 3820tg?
    acer 3820tg 1.19
    Is the 3rd graphic switch option unhideable, or even there at all?
    now:"discrete-switchable"
    3rd: "discrete-switchable-integrated" or "..-intel only" or smth like that

hate that i cant turn off the discrete 6550m in windows xp, so i have to go with both powered on or discrete only which costs me 2hours of battery time

thx for any info on that!

Lord Pringles

Quote Originally Posted by Marrt View Post
    Did someone already manage to unlock the 1.19 Bios (or a previous) of the acer 3820tg?
    acer 3820tg 1.19

hate that i cant turn off the discrete 6550m in windows xp, so i have to go with both powered on or discrete only which costs me 2hours of battery time

To unlocked hidden options on 3820TG, please go to post #1148. It is much easier & do not require BIOS mods. If you messed up, just need to reset CMOS.

If you want the hidden options appeared permanently, just let me know & I'll mods 3820TG's BIOS.

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by kizwan View Post
    If you want the hidden options appeared permanently, just let me know & I'll mods 3820TG's BIOS.
    Yes! Can you please do it? I would love to have it unlocked permanently! It might be worth the time to unlock it in 4820 and 5820 too since their BIOSes are probably very similar to 3820.

Can you also look into the "Intel only" graphics option Marrt mentioned above? There is a mod of 3810 (Insyde BIOS) where "Intel only" option was unlocked/added under Switchable menu, so maybe it is possible in 3820?

Also, I heard there are even more advanced options available apart from that Advanced Menu. Can you please check? Ideally, it would be great to have ACPI configuration menu where you can change some ACPI stuff like set the CPU temperature when the fan turns on. It would be god-like to have overclock menu of some sort but I can only dream...

I can test the modded BIOS if needed. I already have some Crisis recovery experience

Isn't there a driver that works on Windows XP?

UPDATE: It is possible to disable ATI graphics in a way that you want. Once turned off it will not consume power. Please see my guide Acer TimelineX 3820TG/4820TG/5820TG "Intel only" option in BIOS (disable ATI)

PS: Marrt, if you want to continue this discussion please do so in 3820 thread. Let's not post offtopic in this BIOS mod thread.
    Last edited by prikolchik; 3rd March 2011 at 01:23 AM.
    Asus UX32VD-DH71: i7-3517U 1.9GHz / 10GB DDR3 / 320GB HDD / Nvidia GT 620M 1G / 13.3 IPS FHD / Ubuntu 12.10
    Acer Aspire 3820TG-3022: i5-520M 2.4GHz / 8GB DDR3 / OCZ Vertex 3 120Gb SSD / ATI 5470 512MB / 13.3 WXGA / Ubuntu 10.10
    Windows tax refund. Get $65 for Windows! Linux. Wins.
    If you have a question to ask me, please PM! I do NOT check threads.

Lord Pringles

acer 3820tg 1.19

Quote Originally Posted by prikolchik View Post
    Yes! Can you please do it? I would love to have it unlocked permanently! It might be worth the time to unlock it in 4820 and 5820 too since their BIOSes are probably very similar to 3820.

I can test the modded BIOS if needed. I already have some Crisis recovery experience
    The modified BIOS image for Aspire 3820TG based on BIOS v1.19 is available at post #721. Use at your own risk! Good luck. (Please give feedback.)