Quantcast eRecovery can not be installed - 1.Bootable File

Closed Thread

Default eRecovery can not be installed - 1.Bootable File

Hi,

I have an Aspire 6920 running its original vista x64.

I created the recovery disks (3 DVDs) through the eRecovery management when I first purchased the computer, and got rid of the recovery partition with EASUS soon after. (I wanted the extra disk space =P)

I've recently decided to send my computer back to its factory default state, only to realize my eRecovery Management installation is no longer functional. I tried reinstalling it, resulting in an error message:

eRecovery can not be installed - 1.Bootable File

I went over the trouble of uninstalling and reinstalling the entire Acer Empowering Technology software pack, and all but eRecovery was able to install properly.

I will provide further information on my machine upon request, please help me out.

Many Thanks.

K.
    Last edited by kei0520; 29th August 2009 at 11:17 PM. Reason: typo

Notebook Deity

Default Re: eRecovery can not be installed - 1.Bootable File

Reformat the hard drive making two partitions and try again .

Basically , for 100% success , it must be repartitioned as when it came from factory.
    ACER TM 2414 WLMi | P1.6M 725A (2128 MHz) | 1GB Ram | Blue Scorpio WD160GB | BT int Broadcom 2045 | PCMCIA card reader 5in1 EDUP | Panasonic UJ-870 | Belkin F8E353eaLRG

Links for you !! ACER Erecovery Basics Win XP. | Do it yourself: Blue tooth internal module | AS 3610 & TM 2414WLMi upgrades | Fresh Battery - Tips