Quantcast Acer MXM Models and Cards - Page 197

+ Reply to Thread
Page 197 of 250 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2499
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Acer MXM Models and Cards

Notebook Retailer

Default Re: Acer MXM Models and Cards

460M booted, had working drivers and ran 3d applications in my 7738G but would never enter 3d clocks. It would only ever stay at low power clocks.
    Sales@PowerNotebooks.com | Phone: (US) 877-711-1777 - CALL US FOR NOTEBOOKREVIEW ACTIVE MEMBER DISCOUNTS

Custom Built Sager, MSI, PowerPro, ASUS and Alienware Laptop computers, and Custom Built Crown Desktop Computers
    ResellerRatings.com Customer Satisfaction Rating =
    10/10 Better Business Bureau A+ Rated

Notebook Enthusiast

@meaker ! buddy help !
    i have ordered gts 250m it arrived today and i put it into my laptop , the first expression i got from it is black screen after windows flash screen goes.
    what is wrong, driver? bios? or card itself?

Notebook Retailer

It's tricky, if you are in AHCI mode you need to switch to dedicated only in the bios.
    Sales@PowerNotebooks.com | Phone: (US) 877-711-1777 - CALL US FOR NOTEBOOKREVIEW ACTIVE MEMBER DISCOUNTS

Custom Built Sager, MSI, PowerPro, ASUS and Alienware Laptop computers, and Custom Built Crown Desktop Computers

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Meaker View Post
    It's tricky, if you are in AHCI mode you need to switch to dedicated only in the bios.
    i have already done it , now i have switched to integrated and it goes fine to windows but not in dedicated it will not go to windows and will show black screen before welcome screen .
    do i have to wait longer till it install generic driver availabe in windows or through update?

edite: do i have to download and extarct nvadia driver before plug it on?

Notebook Enthusiast

@maeker , did you have the display at first boot without driver installed? in my case i dont get to windows after the windows 7 initial flash screen and it never show shows welcome screen i wait for about couple of minutes even more than that but negative no response from the card , i am wondering if i have bought the wrong card since there was a custome thin paper sticker stating model and there is also written ASUS , have a look at it here
    NVIDIA GTS 250M 1GB GDDR3 MXM 3.0 A Laptop Graphics Card 1024MB DDR3 N10E-GE-A2 | eBay

Notebook Retailer

I had to really jiggle it around to finally get the drivers to install, have you tried starting in safe mode?

Notebook Enthusiast

it doesnt goto windows in safe mode either , btw , i have just ressembled it back and took another look to make sure the description , and the first all was normal as the device id +model + whatever but at the end there stated "for lenovo lead free" similer is written
    i have tried to boot it through safe mode but same thing black screen after drivers are loaded

Notebook Enthusiast

Is my bios is the latest ? V2.09 can somebody confirm it for me please?

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Meaker View Post
    I had to really jiggle it around to finally get the drivers to install, have you tried starting in safe mode?
    can you please tell me how to install its driver , it went to windows for the first time after i changed the sittings to autoinstall driver (on integreted enabled) in the windows automatic driver updater , and then when it starts to install in notification bar but after few seconds it gone black again .

Notebook Retailer

I think I used the latest OEM laptop video 2 go drivers. You have to get it booting in dedicated mode.