Quantcast Acer Aspire Timeline Owner's Lounge - Page 78

+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 209 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
    Notebook Deity

Default Re: Acer Aspire Timeline Owner's Lounge

I have a question: In msconfig, on the startup tab, I see a Startup Item "DefaultSettingEXE Application" located in C:\Windows\PLFSetI.exe
    Anyone know what is that? I'm worried that I got a virus or something or is this from Acer?
    Asus K53TA-BBR6 ~ A6-3400M @1.2 GHz (Underclock)/2.4 GHz (Overclock/Gaming) -- 8gb 1333 MHz RAM -- Intel X25-M G2 80gb SSD -- HD 6650M + HD 6520G

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by runtohell121 View Post
    I have a question: In msconfig, on the startup tab, I see a Startup Item "DefaultSettingEXE Application" located in C:\Windows\PLFSetI.exe
    Anyone know what is that? I'm worried that I got a virus or something or is this from Acer?
    The Google says it has something to do with the webcam but people have disabled it without issue.

This morning I turned on my 4810T to be greeted with an entirely white screen (LCD/LED) from POST. If the screen isn't white the screen is completely black. I connected the laptop to an external monitor using the VGA cable, and got a picture from POST till Vista completely loaded. The display in Windows was limited to 800x600x32. The picture itself on the TV seemed to flicker a bit. Attempting to higher the resolution to what the Viera could handle caused the display to go out.

I've owned the laptop for approximately 21 days. The 15 day exchange policy at Micro Center is up, no exceptions.

What should I do?

The BIOS version was updated to 1.23 using the TV screen, and it took. I was using 1.22 previously. Attempted to reinstall the video drivers, no such luck. Bad inverter?

Notebook Deity

is it just me or that the acer timeline boot up with 100% cpu usage? my computer boots up in around 41 second, but not able to access programs until like 20 seconds or so later.
    Asus K53TA-BBR6 ~ A6-3400M @1.2 GHz (Underclock)/2.4 GHz (Overclock/Gaming) -- 8gb 1333 MHz RAM -- Intel X25-M G2 80gb SSD -- HD 6650M + HD 6520G

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    This morning I turned on my 4810T to be greeted with an entirely white screen (LCD/LED) from POST. If the screen isn't white the screen is completely black. I connected the laptop to an external monitor using the VGA cable, and got a picture from POST till Vista completely loaded. The display in Windows was limited to 800x600x32. The picture itself on the TV seemed to flicker a bit. Attempting to higher the resolution to what the Viera could handle caused the display to go out.

I've owned the laptop for approximately 21 days. The 15 day exchange policy at Micro Center is up, no exceptions.

What should I do?

The BIOS version was updated to 1.23 using the TV screen, and it took. I was using 1.22 previously. Attempted to reinstall the video drivers, no such luck. Bad inverter?
    I don't think LED screens require inverters so it's probably something else. Does acer have a support system? If anything the laptop should have some warranty coverage. You could check to see if the lcd cable is loose, but I would check with warranty/support first.

Quote Originally Posted by tizzao View Post
    I don't think LED screens require inverters so it's probably something else. Does acer have a support system? If anything the laptop should have some warranty coverage. You could check to see if the lcd cable is loose, but I would check with warranty/support first.
    Was worth a shot. My Acer Aspire 2010 blew an inverter back in the day shorting out my display. I miss that guy. The 9200 ATi Radeon was awesome.

I popped the back off. Everything looked fine. Cables are nice and snug, and man... I have to say it's very tight in there. I'm going to see if I can head back to the store and see if I can claim a "gift" policy on it. Maybe they'll let me exchange it for another one. Besides, it was a gift for my brother. Meh. He really liked it too.

Notebook Consultant

Hello again. If I do a clean instal of xp or a slimmed down version of vista, is this all the drivers I need for my computer to work normal?

by navigating in this webpage:
    http://us.acer.com/acer-v2/service.d...CRC=2141378519

Notebook Enthusiast

Hello everyone! i just purchased a 4810T and i am totally lost as to what i can actually do with it in regards to expansion. I'm not sure what exactly the terminology is (PCIe mini?) or what it means.

Could anybody give me a run down on what exactly i can add to my new timeline and what the slots actually are usable for? SSD? SSD + HDD? 3g modem? Does the sim card slot work?

I really have absolutely no clue

thanks!

Waiting on Intel Skylake

Quote Originally Posted by clipzed View Post
    Hello everyone! i just purchased a 4810T and i am totally lost as to what i can actually do with it in regards to expansion. I'm not sure what exactly the terminology is (PCIe mini?) or what it means.

Could anybody give me a run down on what exactly i can add to my new timeline and what the slots actually are usable for? SSD? SSD + HDD? 3g modem? Does the sim card slot work?

I really have absolutely no clue

thanks!
    You could add a mini pcie ssd in that slot. Some EEE netbooks used mini pcie ssd's. Here and here are good places to get one. I had a 16GB Runcore in my EEE 901 (though it was an older PATA one) and they are pretty good, except my write speed never got above 25mb. Or you could add 3G or Bluetooth, see this thread.

Notebook Enthusiast

Someone told me that the 4810T does not have a Mini PCIe slot??? is that true? does the 3810T only have it?

Regarding a Mini PCI-e SSD. it seems some of those read/write speeds are the same as the regular SATAII SSD drives. Would they show the same speed?

What i want to know is can i buy a 64GB mini pci-e SSD and use that as my OS hard drive and my other 320GB hard drive for storage? otherwise i was thinking of getting a 2.5" caddy and removing the Dvd drive and putting in a SSD. What you think? Will they both work fine? I'm a bit clueless