Quantcast Acer Aspire Timeline Owner's Lounge - Page 104

+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 209 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2087
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Acer Aspire Timeline Owner's Lounge

Notebook Guru

Default Re: Acer Aspire Timeline Owner's Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by kenotic View Post
    I have been having lock-ups on my timeline 4810t. It will run fine for an hour or so and then just lockup. I have to hard restart to get it to come back. Any thing I can try?
    see thread titled "timeline 100% cpu problem"

Quote Originally Posted by jigielnik View Post
    see thread titled "timeline 100% cpu problem"
    Thanks. I had not noticed the CPU at 100%, but I did follow the advice in the thread. I hope it works.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Jayayess1190 View Post
    I have them under "Advanced Gestures":
    ok yea, i have that. I had not go into the "advanced settings" window, I was expecting it to be a tab on the main mouse settings screen...so i have the settings, and they are enabled but not working properly.

I click the "practice" button and that maze window comes up. I try to get it to scroll up and down by moving my finger up and down along the right edge of the touchpad....the cursor changes to the "vertical scroll" cursor like it should, but I cant get it to scroll at all for some reason. Then I go into firefox and the icon doesnt even change to the vertical scroll icon when I do the same motion....hmmmm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post a quick one, ive been lurking on this thread for awhile and i finally pulled the trigger and got a 4810t w/ su3500 and a 320gb drive. Just want to thank all of you for your awesome input. I really like the computer and i am happy with it.

I just thought i would say that i watched a netflix movie last night while hooked up through HDMI to my 42 inch 1080P Lcd TV, we watched Step Brother and it was absolutely flawless. Quality was great, although it changed once in a while, but i think Netflix does that depending upon your internet connection i beleive. But the Timeline ran great.

Checked the temp at the end of the movie, everything was very normal. I think it couldve been cooler if it wasnt on top of my Dish DVR that runs real warm (HDMI cord wasnt long enough to put anywhere else) Stutter was virtually non existent. You would have to look very hard to pick up. It was ran thought firefox.

All in all im very happy with the Timeline. Im also a mac guy with a macbook air, so im all about pushing super light, super thin laptops to the max. I use Live Sync to keep them looking exactly the same. Also i was wondering if there is a thread for the timeline that had everyones software mods/driver update list that could kind of be an all in one place for bettering the timeline? Right now its kinda in a massive 100 plus page thread.

Once again thanks for all the tips, you guys are good

Hello fellow Timeline-owners,

I am a very happy owner of a 2 week old 3810TG with the SU9400 CPU and HD4330 GPU. It's also running the RTM version of Win 7.

The performance of this thing is really great , I use audiosoftware like Reaper, Audacity and Amplitube on it with no sweat. And I also play alot of Trackmania Nations Forever on it.

Now while being plugged in the game runs really great at 35 fps steady with a few settings on high and native resolution. But when running on battery power, this drops to 21.5fps, which is not playable.

here are some screenshots so you can see what I mean :

the game settings
    benchmark results while being plugged in
    benchmark results while using battery, with the green eco light off and Win7 battery performance set to "High Performance"

I guess there's still a powersaving setting activated that really cuts into the performance , but I can't seem to find it . I always turn of the acer eco mode off and use High Performance battery setting. And since Win7 doesn't support hybrid graphics, the HD4330 is always used.

I hope this makes sence and that someone can help me to solve this riddle.

Thanks guys.

Notebook Geek

I just ordered an OCZ Agility 120 GB HD that I'm gonna put in my Timeline. Hopefully it makes it even better.

Notebook Enthusiast

The problem burning with the erecovery console is fixed by upgrading the software here:

http://support.gateway.com/s/issues/ery4update.shtml

x205 Error May Occur When Using eRecovery
    Affected Products: Notebook Computers
    Affected Operating Systems: Windows Vista™
    ISSUE: When burning a set of Recovery CDs or DVDs on Windows Vista™ 64-bit, the burning may fail with an 0x205 error.

RESOLUTION: A new version of eRecovery V4.00.3008 addresses the eRecovery error code 205.

Click here to download the new version of the eRecovery application.
    Unzip the file, then run the exe file.
    The new eRecovery can be installed over the existing version.

Note: Only systems with 64 bit Operating Systems are impacted

Notebook Consultant

Dear Timeline 3810 Owners,

Acer is offering 3810 with a single core (SU3500) and double core (SU9400) processor. Though am sure 9400 is the better one, I would really like to know the performance difference between both systems.

Could you please post your system rating with 3DMarks/Passmark .

Passmark software (http://www.passmark.com/index.html) has a performance test software, it has a 30 day free evaluation copy.

Kindly mention your system configuration too.

Your reply would help me to make a better choice.

Thanks in advance
    Jimmy

Waiting on Intel Skylake

My Passmark score, this is Windows 7 Professional RTM 64-Bit, US SU9400 with normal specs except I will soon have an 80GB Intel G2 ssd:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG   a.PNG   b.PNG   c.PNG   d.PNG  

e.PNG  
    Last edited by Jayayess1190; 25th August 2009 at 01:40 AM.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Jayayess1190 View Post
    My Passmark score, this is Windows 7 Professional RTM 64-Bit, US SU9400 with normal specs except I will soon have an 80GB Intel G2 ssd:

Thanks a lot Jayayess

Could someone with a SU3500 on the 3810 laptop post their results for Passmark test please?

That could help us to have a good comparison.

The Passmark link is http://www.passmark.com/index.html

Thanks in advance
    Jimmy