Quantcast How to clear everything off of my Acer laptop and completley start over?

Closed Thread

Default How to clear everything off of my Acer laptop and completley start over?

How to clear everything off of my Acer laptop and completley start over? I have a stupid Acer laptop, and it's been running very slow latley. I removed almost all of the programs that I had downloaded, and it's still being slow.

I want to reboot the entire thing and start off brand new.
    I tried reading the manuel and I don't see anything in it about rebooting the system.

How do I do this?

C'thulhu fhtagn

Default Re: How to clear everything off of my Acer laptop and completley start over?

Do you have the OS reinstall discs?

What model is your laptop? If it's a newer model, it may have a recovery drive instead of reinstall discs.

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: How to clear everything off of my Acer laptop and completley start over?

Quote Originally Posted by kayanat View Post
    How to clear everything off of my Acer laptop and completley start over? I have a stupid Acer laptop, and it's been running very slow latley. I removed almost all of the programs that I had downloaded, and it's still being slow.

I tried reading the manuel and I don't see anything in it about rebooting the system.

How do I do this?
    If your OS is vista and you have less than 2GB RAM,then upgrade the memory to at least 2GB.
    Do you have the recovery partition intact? its a hidden partition roughly about 7 to 10 GB. You can view this by right clicking computer->manage->disk management.
    Back up everything important(docs,music etc)
    Press Alt+F10 and you can do a Factory state recovery. HTH.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kayanat View Post

How do I do this?
    Acers are not stupid. Some users are though.

See sig.