Quantcast Acer 6530 Owners lounge - Page 3

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Notebook Guru

Default Re: Acer 6530 Owners lounge

Quote Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
    my fan is ALWAYS on. is this the case with anyone else? I have the 6530-6552 with Athlon X2 QL-62 and Radeon 3200 graphics. I'm not even doing anything, just keeping it idle and the fan is always on low (but is still audible).
    Your fan will always be on, its normal with these laptops, even with a desktop the fan is always on to cool the CPU.
    When using it on your bed or any surface that can block the vents, it will get hotter as the hot air cannot get out and the cool air cannot get in, remember this and always make sure the vents around the fan are free from obstruction.
    Acer Aspire 5920G
    Acer Aspire 6530G

Notebook Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsy View Post
    I wanted to ask you guys your thoughts concerning a OS upgrade from Vista Home premium 32 bits to Vista Ultimate 64 bits. I wanted to know if I have to download or backup the Acer drivers because I do not know if devices such as the Acer Crystal Eye will work properly with this new OS. Do you guys reccomend this upgrade? I have an Aspire 6530 G with AMD Turion ZM-80 2.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD and a Blu ray driver.

Thank you.
    Not sure about other versions of Vista, but I installed the 64bit version of Windows 7 recently and it worked perfectly. Even the fingerprint reader worked using microsoft software and not Acer bio protection software.
    As this was just the Beta release I am considering getting the full version when it comes out.
    Acer Aspire 5920G
    Acer Aspire 6530G

Dio
    Notebook Evangelist

I picked 2 of the Acer AS6530-6522 from BestBuy for 329.99 one for my son, and the wife.
    After I formatted the notebooks and installed the 64 bit version of Vista I have to say lots of bang for the buck, and the build quality is surprisingly good. Over all very pleased with this notebook.

Dual core processor
    Hd3200 ATI grfx
    Nice sized hard drive.
    Wireless N
    Separate numeric keypad
    Excellent webcam
    Nice audio for a notebook
    Vista home premium
    Free Win 7 upgrade
    All for 329.00 I think great buy.

Good day everyone. I have a 6530-6522 and have no major complaints. My only question is whether anyone has attempted to use a remote control with the laptop? If so, how did you do it? Any input would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Notebook Enthusiast

I bought two of these for $329 at Best Buy back in August and am very happy with them.

I'm upgrading to windows 7 right now via the free Acer upgrade and am posting information in the Acer Windows 7 Upgrade thread:

Acer Free Windows 7 Upgrade

Notebook Enthusiast

Hi guys, just wanted some advice on some problems I'm having with my laptop.

I've installed a clean version of Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and downloaded the relevant drivers that I could find from the Acer site, the rest from the manufacturers or Windows Update. All is fine apart from I've noticed when playing any media content through the internet or iTunes/WMP, the computer slows down a lot and the fans kick in really loudly which will last for anything up to a couple of minutes. Video or music will start freezing and jumping during this duration.

I downloaded the driver for the ATI 3650HD from the Acer UK site (AMD Chipset Driver (RS780) 8.65).

I've looked through the ATI site for a newer driver but couldn't find anything for this graphics card. I'm not even sure if this is the problem.

I'm running the laptop constantly on High Performance mode.

Any ideas?

Thank you

hi, new to this forum, own an acer 6530g, had it for about a year, the batteries just died but ive bought a replacement so hopefully everything should be ok
    my real question is concerning the second hard drive space at the bottom left of the underside of the laptop
    does anyone know what size drive fits here, or where to get the drive cover etc?
    any help would be great. cheers 6530 family!

I have an acer aspire 6530 and have recently installed windows 7 ultimate 64 edition and have installed all the necessary drivers, and have noticed that the fans have slowed down and the computer is over heating, if any one has any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it I would really appreciate any help at all. thank you in advance.

I have also made a set of recovery disks with the original OS and setting and am wondering if that is the only way I will be able to fix the problem.

Hello, new here. Glad to find this thread. I've bought my 6530 from Best Buy last August for 279.00. I guess they were on closeout because I haven't seen another one in any Best Buy I've been in since. It's a shame too because it's a great machine, and a lot of machine for buck as well.
    Overall, I've had no real issues with mine except just recently, the right side output to the headphones stopped working. I don't know if it's a setting I've changed or the jack has shorted. Maybe a fresh driver install? I do alot of home recording and studio work with my band so I need this to work but I'm sure it's an easy fix or maybe time for a new soundcard.

I do have one question that's been bothering me. It seems that my power supply gets very hot. I know they are prone to get warm but sometime I believe it's hatter than it should be, is this normal? Am I worrying over nothing?

Notebook Enthusiast

hey, bought my acer 6530g a year ago. i have just upgraded my cpu from rm-70 to zm-84 i was wondering what the cpu heatsink/fin is made out of? i know that the gpu heatsink/fin is made out of copper. my laptop is overheating and shutting down.
    specs:
    AMD Turion X2 ultra ZM-84 2.3GHz(upgraded from RM-70)
    4GB RAM
    ATI mobility HD4670 1GB DDR2(upgraded from HD3650 512MB DDR2)
    Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
    250GB HDD
    Blu-ray
    Last edited by Ared21; 19th September 2010 at 02:04 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast