Quantcast **READ BEFORE POSTING** **The Ultimate ACER Resource Thread**

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    ATG
    2x4

Default **READ BEFORE POSTING** **The Ultimate ACER Resource Thread**

Last Updated:05/07/2009

This is an index of all major upgrade guides, driver comparisons, recovery partition, BIOS recovery, Owner lounges and more.
    ***Please read before posting!***

Quick jump to:
    Upgrades Drivers Benchmarks Miscellaneous Owner Lounges Service Manuals User Manuals & Phone Numbers

Acer Build Quality - how good is it?

Do you like or hate your Acer laptop? Tell us about it and vote in the poll.
    Latest Acer Notebooks Reviews
    If you're considering to get an Acer laptop - check the reviews of the most popular models
    Aspire 5735Z, Aspire 8930G, Aspire 6935, Aspire 6920, Aspire One(1), Aspire One(2)

Upgrades

Aspire 3680 - From Celeron to Core2Duo /socket M/
    Extremely helpful guide + a lot of useful links. Apply to 940GML/943GML/945GML chipset based models.
    Thanks to krazyphire
    Aspire 5315 - Step-by-Step Upgrade Guide /socket P/
    Upgrade you Celeron/DualCore in your GL960/GM965 chipset based laptop to C2D.
    Thanks to bigozone
    Aspire 6920G - CPU Upgrade
    You want to upgrade your 6920G and don't know where to start? Check this guide for detailed instructions + pictures!
    Thanks to TehSuigi
    Core Solo T1350 to Core 2 Duo T7200 /Aspire 5570/
    Detailed CPU upgrading guide for yet another ACER model. Check it out.
    Thanks to keigo
    Acer Aspire 5920G Upgraded to T9300
    T9300 confirmed to be working on Aspire5920. Check this thread for some instructions and pictures.
    Thanks to nklive
    TravelMate 4730G/Extensa 4630G - CPU Upgrade
    Upgrade guide and experience, for either of these two models
    Thanks to kisetsu17
    Acer MXM Models and Cards

If you want to check if there is a chance to upgrade the graphic card of your Acer laptop this thread should be your first stop.
    Thanks to TehSuigi

Drivers

All Acer drivers /General Link/
    The most updated official ACER website with drivers for all Acer models.
    More Acer drivers..
    New official repository for drivers, check it out.
    List of Acer WHQL Drivers /Nvidia/
    You need a specific driver version?
    Thanks to TehSuigi
    Latest Synaptics driver modded for Acer MediaTouch
    Thanks to Discrucio Anima
    Acer Empowering Technology Software for XP
    If you need Acer eMpowering Software for WindowsXP check this thread.
    Caution: The software is originally meant for Aspire 5050 and might not work on some newer models!
    Thank to NoCashBob
    All Aspire 5515 drivers for XP
    All the drivers(for XP) for this very popular, cheap laptop.
    Thanks to freeheart4sale

Benchmarks

TehSuigi's Latest Graphic Comparison for VISTA and XP /6920G/
    The newest benchmarks for 9500GS, find out what is the best driver for Vista and XP.
    Thanks to TehSuigi
    Nvidia drivers comparison /Aspire 6920G/
    If you wonder which driver version is the best check this thread.
    Thanks to TehSuigi
    Aspire 6935G - Performance and more
    Overview of the 6935G + useful links.
    Thanks to darika

Miscellaneous

Acer Aspire Gemstone Blue Throttling
    Got a 6920G/6930G/6935G/8920G/8930G with miserable performance? Look here first.
    Acer Hidden Recovery Partition
    Ask for how to recover it, create Recovery Disks or how to recover the Alt+F10 function.
    CPU Overclock guide & info
    You want to overclock your laptop CPU? Check this guide to see how and if it's possible for your model.
    Thanks to Andy
    Aspire 5315 BIOS Recovery /INSYDE BIOS/
    Your BIOS upgrade has failed and your laptop seems to be dead. Can it be revived? Check this thread.
    Thanks to bigozone
    BIOS Recovery /Phoenix BIOS/
    There is a hope for the Phoenix BIOS based model, check post #6 and below of this thread.
    Thanks to raelman
    Drive Clone to Larger Drive/Aspire 5315/
    You want to upgrade the hard drive and you want to have your Recovery Partition on your
    new drive? Check this thread to find out how to do it.
    Thanks to wotsthestory
    Boot Multiple Operating System Guide
    If you want to dual/triple/quad boot to another OS(s) check this guide.
    Thanks to johngreavery

Owner Lounges

Aspire 6920(G) Owners Lounge
    Aspire 5930(G) Owners Lounge
    Aspire 8930(G) Owners Lounge
    Aspire Timeline Owners Lounge

Service Manuals

Unfortunately, posting links of ACER Service Manuals is not allowed because it's a copyrighted material so it cannot be shared, copied etc. without the written permission from ACER Inc. Please do NOT ask for Service Manuals!

The following text is part from ACER Service Guide Disclaimer:

No part of this publication may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, or translated into any language or computer language, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, magnetic, optical, chemical, manual or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Acer Incorporated.

***Feel free to post any third-party instructions and guides which DO NOT come from Acer nor have a copyright disclaimer!***
    Last edited by TehSuigi; 19th September 2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Added: Throttling topic.

Banned

Default Re: ACER GENERAL INFO INDEX---Upgrades|Benchmarks|Drivers|Recovery|OwnerLounges---READ BEFORE POSTING

Since you are cleaning up you may as well delete (or update) this sticky too:

ACER Notebook Models, Support Numbers, BIOS, User Manuals and Drivers Links

Thread has been closed since 2007. Most telephone numbers etc. don't work anymore in the countries listed.

ATG
    2x4

Default Re: ACER GENERAL INFO INDEX---Upgrades|Benchmarks|Drivers|Recovery|OwnerLounges---READ BEFORE POSTING

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay 44 View Post
    Since you are cleaning up you may as well delete (or update) this sticky too:

ACER Notebook Models, Support Numbers, BIOS, User Manuals and Drivers Links

Thread has been closed since 2007. Most telephone numbers etc. don't work anymore in the countries listed.
    You are right, thanks for the tip. Phone numbers for Europe and Middle East and Africa has been updated.

Edit: All phone numbers are now updated. Home pages and e-mails added.
    Last edited by ATG; 8th February 2009 at 10:53 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ATG View Post
    You are right, thanks for the tip. Phone numbers for Europe and Middle East and Africa has been updated.
    Cheers and have fun getting things orderly and sorted here.

Good thing.

Theo

Part-time Acer Moderator

Default Re: ***ACER GENERAL INFO INDEX*** Upgrades|Benchmarks|Drivers|Recovery|OwnerLounges ***READ BEFORE POSTING***

I wouldn't use my Driver Comparison thread anymore - it's kind of ANCIENT.
    Might do a newer comparison in the future, provided I can guarantee that I'll be able to restore from backup.

Still, what a great idea to get this up. Kudos!
    Sorry if I'm not around too often - life seems to have gotten in the way of NBR.
    Acer Aspire 6920G Lv. 3.1
    Core 2 Duo T8300 (1.000V) - GeForce 9500M GS (635/1270/475)- 640GB WD Scorpio Blue
    16" 16:9 WXGA LCD - 4GB DDR2-667 - Panasonic UJ-120 - Windows 7 Professional x64

3DMark06 = 4685 (1280x768) | 3852 at stock

Proud Member of the NBR Acer Support Crew - My Crowning Post of Awesome

ATG
    2x4

Default Re: ***ACER GENERAL INFO INDEX*** Upgrades|Benchmarks|Drivers|Recovery|OwnerLounges ***READ BEFORE POSTING***

Quote Originally Posted by TehSuigi View Post
    I wouldn't use my Driver Comparison thread anymore - it's kind of ANCIENT.
    Might do a newer comparison in the future, provided I can guarantee that I'll be able to restore from backup.
    When/if you have a new one I'll include it into the sticky to replace the current one. Yeah the drivers used in it are ancient now..

By the way guys can you post some link to XP drivers to include in the sticky? Every day someone ask for XP drivers..

Notebook Prophet

Nice work ATG.

Just from the display point of view, you can add an index table on the top, and then link the rest of the stuff below....like a table of contents or something.

ATG
    2x4

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Nice work ATG.

Just from the display point of view, you can add an index table on the top, and then link the rest of the stuff below....like a table of contents or something.
    I'll do that when the post become longer, for now with only a few links it's easy for viewing. Thanks for the tip though I'll have it in mind.

Part-time Acer Moderator

XP drivers will be added to my GFX Drivers link eventually.
    If people are so insistent on running an eight-year-old operating system on hardware designed for Vista, they can find 'em themselves.
    Sorry if I'm not around too often - life seems to have gotten in the way of NBR.
    Acer Aspire 6920G Lv. 3.1
    Core 2 Duo T8300 (1.000V) - GeForce 9500M GS (635/1270/475)- 640GB WD Scorpio Blue
    16" 16:9 WXGA LCD - 4GB DDR2-667 - Panasonic UJ-120 - Windows 7 Professional x64

3DMark06 = 4685 (1280x768) | 3852 at stock

Proud Member of the NBR Acer Support Crew - My Crowning Post of Awesome

ATG
    2x4

Quote Originally Posted by TehSuigi View Post
    XP drivers will be added to my GFX Drivers link eventually.
    If people are so insistent on running an eight-year-old operating system on hardware designed for Vista, they can find 'em themselves.
    Yeah but people will continue asking anyway so it will be cool if we have a links with XP drivers for the most popular models like 6920/30(G) or 5930(G).

Sticky Update: I added the disclaimer from the Service Manuals so if you see people asking for it point them to the sticky to read the disclaimer.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast