Quantcast Dad's Acer Aspire 5930 touchpad frozen/dead/ cursor not moving... he will kill me

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notebook Evangelist

Default Dad's Acer Aspire 5930 touchpad frozen/dead/ cursor not moving... he will kill me

Hi for some reason the laptop Aspire 5920 touchpad isnt working, but the keyboard works fine. I thenk plugged a wired mouse to the laptop and the cursor moved perfectly.

It's just i can't move the curson with the touchpad, is it some software problem? virus? or a key lock that i have to unable?

please help me my father will be back home tuesday and i don't want him to find that his laptop is broken! i have enough probleme like that.

Seahawk Fan!

Default Re: Dad's Acer Aspire 5930 touchpad frozen/dead/ cursor not moving... he will kill me

how long were you on it before it stopped working?

just try restarting the notebook first and see how that works

Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: Dad's Acer Aspire 5930 touchpad frozen/dead/ cursor not moving... he will kill me

You might have pressed fn and another key. Look to see if any keys have something that looks like a touchpad or a finger or a finger on a touchpad on them, and if restarting doesn't work, try pressing fn and that button.

Notebook Evangelist

ok restarting doesnt work
    and fn+f7 doesent work either

ok i went to mouse setting and there is no ps2 or synaptic available something like that

Seahawk Fan!

go into device manager and see if its listed.

also i'm not sure on your computer..but usually there is a button to stop/start the mouse..are you sure u didn't hit that. it should be right above the mousepad

Notebook Evangelist

nope not listed... thats weird

Seahawk Fan!

how long were you on the computer before your mouse didn't work

try a system restore to yesterday or the day before..
    you do know how to do that right?

but before that go and download the driver for the mouse and see if that works.

Notebook Geek

Quote Originally Posted by FatMangosLAWL View Post
    You might have pressed fn and another key. Look to see if any keys have something that looks like a touchpad or a finger or a finger on a touchpad on them, and if restarting doesn't work, try pressing fn and that button.
    Thank you, I had the exact same problem with mu Acer 8920g and you saved my day!.

Notebook Virtuoso

If nothing of the above works and the synaptic user interface (touch-pad) is not listed in device manager try the following:
    Download the synaptic user interface driver for your laptop (the title says 5930 and the post 5920 ... which one is it?) and install it.

Oh and last ... don't panick.

Try the above and see if it works.
    If not, again, don't panic ... it's only going to make things worse.

Notebook Enthusiast

maybe his dad killed him...
    Aspire 5315, 3GB PC2 5300 ram, 250GB HDD, Intel Core2Duo T8100, Vista Basic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast