Quantcast Acer laptop beeping!!? what to do?!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Acer laptop beeping!!? what to do?!

Acer Aspire laptop- 3610

Hi all,

My laptop is driving me up the wall... it beeps every single time I move it, even the slightest nudge. It started about 2 months ago with a beep every now and again and now anything sets it off. The beeping comes through the speakers and can be muted but it has become impossible to listen to music while working on the laptop. Even typing sets it off. The battery does not work at all and up until a few days ago thought that that was perhaps the cause of the problem. A recent search on google says that it may in fact be due to hardware issues! I am very worried now and if anyone has had a similar problem please let me know how you dealt with it. I would massively appreciate any help at all!

Thanks, Genophan

Banned

Default Re: Acer laptop beeping!!? what to do?!

Sounds like (excuse the pun) there is a loose connector/connection somewhere in your lappie.

If still under warranty - send it back to Acer with a detailed description of the fault

If not under warranty - hang in here and maybe one of the knowledgeable Acer guys will point you in the right direction.

Oh yeah, welcome to the Acer forum on NBR.

Cheers,
    Theo

Notebook Enthusiast

Quick fix that doesn't really fix the problem, mute PC beep. Beeping would be gone and you will still hear music. However, the cause of the beeping will still be there.

Only suggested this because hearing beeps for 2+ months will drive people crazy. At least you can research on the problem more without hearing the beeps. =)

Thanks for the help so far guys, need to solve problem before it kills the 'lappie'.. i just hope it will last till dissertation due date!

Notebook Enthusiast

if you rmeove the battery does it still do it? or is it a different noise?

have you tried loading off a LIVE CD and see if it does that in that OS?

old boy

sit your laptop on a stable surface(table)
    then very gently move the power connection to the laptop.
    not just at the laptop end, but all the way along the cable.
    Reason for test, could be broken solder, crushed power lead or connection to transformer lose.
    next: switch laptop off turn over and check battery lock is in place and locked.

I made a trip extension to my power lead so if any one trips over or pulls it, it disconnects. and doesn't damage the power in on the laptop.
    will sell you the plans for 100 lol
    Phil
    PS mine peeps when the laptop goes from power to battery and the same again when the power comes back on.

JellyRoll touring now

i'm w/ hoggie on this one....

it sounds like the power connector is comming loose from the main board... and anytime it gets moved.. it beeps just like when you PULL THE AC CORD OUT!!
    nbrsearch

ACER Aspire 5315-2153
    T5750 Core2Duo
    2GB PC5300 RAM
    NEC 6550A D/L DVD Burner
    XP PRO SP3
    catch me at the redlight, aim for my head!.

old boy

Quote Originally Posted by genophan View Post
    Thanks for the help so far guys, need to solve problem before it kills the 'lappie'.. i just hope it will last till dissertation due date!
    we will do our best for you.
    Hope the dissertation is going well.
    Good luck,
    Phil

Thanks again everyone! You've inspired me to fiddle around with it so I literally just removed the battery entirely and the beeping has stopped! If I were to replace the battery with a new one, would the same thing happen again or does the laptop somehow recognise that the current battery is bust and the beeping actually means something as silly as 'replace your battery'...? I don't want to spend money on a battery if once it goes back in there, it beeps again.

PS: dissertation write-up is going well so far :-)

ATG
    2x4

Thanks again everyone! You've inspired me to fiddle around with it so I literally just removed the battery entirely and the beeping has stopped! If I were to replace the battery with a new one, would the same thing happen again or does the laptop somehow recognise that the current battery is bust and the beeping actually means something as silly as 'replace your battery'...? I don't want to spend money on a battery if once it goes back in there, it beeps again.
    I can't give you a straight answer but I suppose that the problem is the connector in the battery bay where the battery make contact with the motherboard. If this is really the case if you put another battery you'll get the beeping once again. I really have no idea how could you check that...

PS: dissertation write-up is going well so far :-)
    Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast