Quantcast Acer 4315 - BIOS "Power Check Error"

Closed Thread

Default Acer 4315 - BIOS "Power Check Error"

Hi there,

I have recently downgraded my ACER 4315 notebook from Vista to XP and in the process of trying to get drivers to install for the notebook i downgraded my BIOS version from v1.08 to v1.04. At the time i found some postings on the net that said this may help install the drivers i was having trouble with.... This was not the case and i found them elswhere.

The trouble i am having now is that when the notebook powers up without the AC Power connected it gives me "Warning! Incorrect battery used! Using incorrect battery can cause system damage. Please remove the battery and insert the correct one. The system will shut down in a few seconds." The notebook is brand new and the battery is one supplied with it in the box.

If the AC Power is connected it starts and gets passed this error msg. I have tried to re flash the bios with v1.08 from "http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_4315.html" and installing it.

However the WFlash program gives me a "Power Check Error" and will not let me proceed.

Could someone please advise me on how to go about fixing this problem?

I have tried taking the battery out and running it only on AC Power but i still get the same error when running the WFlash program.

Thank you in advance.
    Anabolic

NBR Super Moderator

Default Re: Acer 4315 - BIOS "Power Check Error"

Might I ask how you got the battery? Its possible it is damaged, or 3rd party. Is there a way to try another (known to be made by Acer) battery or no?
    Desktop   15" Macbook Pro Retina
    W7 Ultimate, Core i7 4770k, Crucial M500 240GB SSD   
    16GB RAM, GTX 780, 3x Dell U2412M Surround
       Mavericks, Core i7 4750HQ, 8GB RAM
       256GB SSD, 32GB iPad Air

Hi Greg, thank you for your reply.

The Battery came from the factory with the laptop and was included in the brand new packaged box, and as it was working fine before i down graded the BIOS to v1.04 from v1.08, i think it is safe to assume that the battery is ok.

I have done a little more research and now think that i need to load the BIOS.bat from the v1.08 through DOS mode. I have found a program called FREE DOS but I am struggling to work out how to load the BIOS.bat file using this program.

DO you know of any other DOS BOOT program that i can use to load the BIOS file. I believe that if i can flash the bios through DOS my problem will be solved.

Once again thank you for your reply, i look forward to hearing your response...

Anabolic

Notebook Guru

You can try to use an usb memory dongle as bootable dos device:

http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/boot-readme.html