Quantcast Aspire 3000 won't turn on at all (Pls Help)

Closed Thread

Default Aspire 3000 won't turn on at all (Pls Help)

Hey everyone. I am really hoping you guys can help me out cuz i am really close to bashing my POS acer laptop with a hammer.

Basically the Acer 3000 computer i've had for about 2yrs all of a sudden just stopped working. When i press the the power button it dosen't turn on.

I initially thought it might be a problem with the power adapter so i went out and got a new one, that still did not fix the problem. Can you guys please help me out and just kinda give me an idea of what might be wrong? Thx

Vox Sola

Default Re: Aspire 3000 won't turn on at all (Pls Help)

If the unit is dead when you press the power button, then what you are describing sounds like your mainboard has failed completely and since you are probably out of warranty replacing it will be costly.
    DELL Vostro 3550
    Intel Core i5-2410M @2.3GHz (Turbo boost 2.9GHz) | ATi Mobility Radeon HD 6630M 1GB | 6GB DDR3-1333| Samsung 830 256GB SSD |
    15.6" LED Display | Wifi b/g/n + Bluetooth 3.0 | Logitech M510 | Zalman NC1000 | Windows 7 Professional x64

Thx alot. How difficult will it be if i decide to replace the motherboard myself? I no professional with it comes to fixing computers, but i am pretty knowledgeable about how computers work. I have replaced a HDD before, so i hope that helps .

Notebook Evangelist

Post deleted
    Last edited by Incursis; 23rd March 2008 at 02:31 AM.
    Account Inactive

Notebook Consultant

I'm new to the laptop world. What if it's something really basic, like a broken power button?
    Easy to check with a desktop. Is it a pain with a lappy?

I'd hate to see the OP spend a bunch of money if it's something simple...

I pwn teh n00bs.

This isn't something simple at all. This sounds like a mobo failure, which takes a lot of work and money to replace. You can't even begin to compare replacing a hard drive with replacing a mobo.

And for a laptop that's worth maybe $300, it won't be worth it to spend twice that just to fix it.
    As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me.