Quantcast Acer Hidden Recovery Partition

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Acer Hidden Recovery Partition

Hi All,
    I accidently errased the hidden partiton on my Acer laptop!. I am wondering if any member would be good enough to use norton ghost and make a backup of their hidden partition and email me it. I beleave it is just for the Disk to Disk (D2D) recovery, but still want to reinstall it.

I hope someone can help! [?]

P.S I think the Aspire 1360 possable uses the same hidden partion since it also uses the same drivers

Notebook Enthusiast

have you tried the cd recovery? maybe it will re-create that partition.

Hi m8,
    No that dosnt work, the recovery CD dosnt restore that partition. I looked on the acer website and they say once its gone its gone
    Thats the reson why I am trying to get someone to make an image of that partion for me.

Baz

Notebook Consultant

Baz999 i check the partion yestarday for you .The only way that struck me to extract it is Make another ghost copy of the partion and send it .. when i tried that its very huge comes around 1.7 Gb so its impossible for me to send it you

I am trying to figure out how acer made this partion ( hav to do bit of resarch). I know its ghost image . But i dont know how they managed to mapp ALT + F10 to the reovery partions boot loader

Once we know the procedure we can make our own custom ghost image and place it to hidden partion

BTW : I suggest you rename the Topic name to some thing like Acer Hidden Recovery Partition or better so that more users would read the thread and give there inputs

I have spoted such partition on my acer 1522. What purpose of this partition is? Is it necessary to exist?

Notebook Consultant

A hard drive C partition will be fully reinstalled with all default applications, drivers and XP just by booting from the #1 CD of the recovery CD set (uses stripped-down Ghost) and following prompts. The hidden partition is unnecessary for a standard erase reinstallation.

The contents can be viewed by enabling display invisible files in folder options. Be sure to return back to hiding invisible files default to avoid getting into trouble in XP! The partition is nearly full (2GB) in my version.

Hi all,
    The hidden parttion is quite small if i remember correctly. You can see it in Partion Magic, but it dosnt show up under windows becouse it is not a normal fat/nts partion.
    The partion just allows the D2D (Alt +F10 during POST) to start the recovery proccess.

Baz

Notebook Consultant

From Windows Disk managemnt its clear that its Primary partion and the boot loader of hidden partion is of windows 98

May be this weekend i will make and entire ghost image of disk( for backup) and start playing partion

I am considering to install windows xp pro from scratch ,load all the drivers and essential program i require and make Acrons or ghost image and place it as recovery image

FYI: With Acronis true image we can create hidden partion just as acer did with norton ghost its known as Acronis Secure Zone and we can store our own created recovery image on it and perform D2D recovery when ever we want

and there is Acronis Startup Recovery Manager which allows you to boot the hidden partion by pressing F11 during startup ( just as acer did with ALT + F10)

i.e You can create your own Recovery partion with Acronis drive image

Notebook Consultant

Note : Please back up all your Data before attempting this . Your Partion will be deleted

After downloading NAPP cd from above link burn the ISO

Boot with newly creared NAPP CD

The system will ask if you want to build napp Master HDD -- click Yes

Then a menu will appear from that select - CD to Disk Recovery

It will ask Recovery cd, put one by one till you finish all Recovery CDs

Then insert the system CD to optical drive

and you will get a "PASS" message when system has buil NAPP master hard disk drive

Notebook Consultant

baz999

There is tool to recover the acer hidden partion acer calls this NAPP
    Acer serice engineers have NAPP cd by which we can restore the hidden partion

if want to try this here link
    http://csd.acer.com.tw/SI/Download2.nsf/0/83f45555e8e5ddb148256e99002bf13f?OpenDocument

This is for TravelMate C110 but it will work for any model i guess

Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast