Quantcast Acer eRecovery Management gone

Closed Thread

Default Acer eRecovery Management gone

hey all. i have purchased an acer aspire 5672 about 5 months ago. back then when i fisrt turn it on, i had no time to make the back ups disks as it asked. meanwhile i totally forgot abt them. couple of days ago i had a prob and the techition told me to recover the laptop to factory setings and so i did by usig windows recovery points. now i canīt find my e recovery management in empowring technology items. can i still make the back ups dvds? how? plz, i really need some urgent help

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: Acer eRecovery Management gone

were you using windows restore? because unless you have made to many changes since, you should be able to undo the restore, also i am very suprised if windows restore was used that it has an effect on eRecovery, perhaps there was already a partition problem because i found if the hidden partition is missing a acer restore does not give you erecovery, where as with the partition still there acer restore does include erecovery

thats what happened on my 5630

> I have an Acer TravelMate2450 and I also lost Acer's ePower Recovery Management. After much searching on Google and on Acer Global I stumbled apon this site:

http://support.acer-euro.com/empower...y/utility.html

> On this site I was able to reinstall eRecovery Management !!
    > Go to site.
    > READ PAGE CAREFULLY ! ( Eg: If your computer came with Acer eManager bundled, please uninstall Acer eManager and reboot the system. You then install Acer Empowering Technology.)
    > First: Go to your add/remove programs and uninstall Acer ePower Management only.
    > Go to support.acer-euro site.
    > Choose either Notebook or Desktop utilities. (Depends on your system).
    > Click on and install Acer ePower Management Version ?.??.???? for your system.
    > After Acer ePower has been installed, click on Acer eRecovery Management Version ?.?.???? for your system.
    > Reboot computer.
    > Acer eRecovery Management should be installed.
    > You may also install other empowering components.
    > Hope this works for you.

Notebook Deity

you cound just restore laptop useing hiden partion of course you lose all data then burn new set of recovery disk
    New Aspire one Sub Notebook
    New Ibm X61T 776295U
    Sold Acer Aspire 5672

hey!
    i have problem..
    i bought Aspire One today.. and i dont know how to make backup..
    when i start nErecovery Management i can choose just between:
    1. RESTORE SYSTEM TO FACTORY DEAFULT
    2. REINSTALL APPLICATIONS/DRIVERS

and at the bottom there is just button RESTORE. and i cant do nothing with it..
    so how can i do my backup?

help please
    tnx

JellyRoll touring now

i'm not familur with the ASPIRE ONE's software..

but look for a button that says BURN DISCS....

that topic of how to make the recovery DISKS should be covered in the USERS MANUAL.... if it's not call ACER and make them walk you thru the process of FINDING the way to do it....

you may get a better response posting this question in one of the ASPIRE ONE threads that is in the first 2 pages... those are actually visited by people who own the ONE
    Last edited by bigozone; 13th September 2008 at 02:41 PM.
    nbrsearch

ACER Aspire 5315-2153
    T5750 Core2Duo
    2GB PC5300 RAM
    NEC 6550A D/L DVD Burner
    XP PRO SP3
    catch me at the redlight, aim for my head!.

Notebook Enthusiast

I own a "ONE" and I have the same problem here. There is NO OPTION to create a recovery CD/DVD set! Alt+F10 in Windows or at boot-up result in the same limitation.

If you request a set from ACER, I read elsewhere that they will send you a LINPUS version (useless for Windows users). As far as I am aware, ACER does not provide a software option to create restore a CD/DVD set. On my side, as a backup I used Acronis True Image 10.0 to create a copy of the PQSERVICE partition on a DVD. I also created an Acronis boot CD so that I can start the system if ever needed. Not very elegant but unless there exists an "ACER method", that's the only way I can create restore DVD in case the HDD gets totally trashed.

FWIW... Through their on-line support system, I have officially asked ACER to explain how I can create a restore set on this "ONE" (120GB HDD, 1GB RAM, Win XP Home SP3). I will post their response.
    Last edited by Flashfox; 15th September 2008 at 03:19 AM.
    Thinkpad T61 "CTO" | Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.2GHz | Intel 3945ABG Wireless + Bluetooth 2.0 EDR | 2GB Ram | 15.4" WSXGA+ | 128MB Quadro NVS 140M (1680 x 1050)| UltraNav + Fingerprint Reader | 100GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive | Windows XP Pro SP3 || Acer ONE (AOA 150-1570) Intel Atom, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD, XP SP3.

Notebook Deity

There is no erecovery Cd's to restore the PQSERVICE at any laptop , at list since 2006 and after .

2) The option to build erestore DVD , its only possible from windows erecovery.

3) The ALT-F10 D2D erestore , rebuilds the system , or restores Users backup if they had make any (stored on D: ACERDATA) .
    The backup can be made from windows .

Those are the options on my system , and it sounds bizarre to me ,
    if truly the model "One " has less options than those .

ACER TM 2414 WLMi | P1.6M 725A (2128 MHz) | 1GB Ram | Blue Scorpio WD160GB | BT int Broadcom 2045 | PCMCIA card reader 5in1 EDUP | Panasonic UJ-870 | Belkin F8E353eaLRG

Links for you !! ACER Erecovery Basics Win XP. | Do it yourself: Blue tooth internal module | AS 3610 & TM 2414WLMi upgrades | Fresh Battery - Tips

Notebook Enthusiast

The "ONE" with Windows XP SP3 doesn't seem to offer the same backup functions as other models (Linpus "ONE" or other ACER laptops). Perhaps it's because of it's low price?

In any event, I will await ACER's response and report back.
    Thinkpad T61 "CTO" | Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.2GHz | Intel 3945ABG Wireless + Bluetooth 2.0 EDR | 2GB Ram | 15.4" WSXGA+ | 128MB Quadro NVS 140M (1680 x 1050)| UltraNav + Fingerprint Reader | 100GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive | Windows XP Pro SP3 || Acer ONE (AOA 150-1570) Intel Atom, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD, XP SP3.

Notebook Deity

I have the restore disks for the 5672 series, let me know what I can to to help you.
    Acer 5672wmli review - Link | HP G60-507dx review - Link
    Acer 5672 guides - Link | Link | Sager NP8150 guides - Link