Quantcast Restoring Acer Aspire to factory settings/make like new again?

Closed Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Restoring Acer Aspire to factory settings/make like new again?

How would I go about restoring an Acer Aspire to factory settings, I may need to be returning one and want to clean it up for the next user?

Vista Home Basic was preloaded and pretty much walked itself through the install, but I've changed a couple things and have some IE bookmarks, forum cookies, etc. I don't want to leave, is there some pre-installed Acer management tool that can 'reset' the laptop?

Not sure if I worded all that right, I want to make it like it's brand new again, as it was when I first started it up.
    /Thanks!

peace,

Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: Restoring Acer Aspire to factory settings/make like new again?

Not sure if you'll get it all the way, but yes using the factory default tool will bring it back to as you bought it.

Burn the DVD's and boot with them in drive. Should be like windows installer.

If you need more help, let me know.
    Current system;
    AMD Turion MK36 2GHz
    512MB Ram
    60GB 5400RPM HD
    ATI Radoeon express 1100
    Windows XP MCE

Quote Originally Posted by i3lueHorneT View Post
    How would I go about restoring an Acer Aspire to factory settings, I may need to be returning one and want to clean it up for the next user?

Vista Home Basic was preloaded and pretty much walked itself through the install, but I've changed a couple things and have some IE bookmarks, forum cookies, etc. I don't want to leave, is there some pre-installed Acer management tool that can 'reset' the laptop?

Not sure if I worded all that right, I want to make it like it's brand new again, as it was when I first started it up.
    /Thanks!

peace,
    The Manual listed under the recovery addresses how to do a restore from partition included on the hard drive. It will delete everything on C: drive and restore to factory programs. If your Aspire has three partitons C, D, and restore files just check D for any files and delete those and it should be like factory condition. I just did the C restore to get rid of some junk and to restore the Epower management jprograms. It is pretty easy and quick.

Notebook Enthusiast

Hrm, I don't think I'm following either reply too well, could you try explaining it another way?
    /Thanks.

peace,