Quantcast Monitor flickering???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lol and rage

Default Monitor flickering???

Well this is odd...i just notice my U2412m flickering.....i assume that is a bad thing right? I don't think my eyes are playing ticks on me either. Also I have it in my UPS now and its running at the rated ~125V...i thought everything is 120v but according to papers it says input is 125V and output is 125V....seems odd to me. My power from the wall is that according to it.
    rage quit
    My for sale stuff (FS: 920XM ES/ASUS G51J/Everki Beacon/Misc [Best Offer] piecemeal or everything don't care) Recreated It
    Anyone have a 3770K want to trade for a 3770 plus "cash"? PM me

Default Re: Monitor flickering???

Are you hooked up via VGA or a digital format like HDMI or DP?
    Want to help? The Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) project is looking for developers, testers and helpers for icons and maintaining the website - link.
    Have any questions about MPC-HC or the Combined Community Codec Pack? (click for web chat)
    For video playback: xy-vsfilter & CCCP (use the bundled version of MPC-HC)

On the way out

Also in device manager does is show up as Dell .. or Generic PnP ? IF it is Generic PnP you may need a driver. Also what refresh rate are you set to?
    Space open for rent
    Spoiler :
    Asus G73JH 8 GB RAM, Intel SSD + Sandisk SSD
    Sager NP2740 (Clevo W740SU) 16 GB RAM, Crucial M500, win 7 ORDERED from GentechPC _Arrived 2-6-2014 !!!
    http://www.flushthetpp.org//
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3176215060

NBR Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JOSEA View Post
    Also in device manager does is show up as Dell .. or Generic PnP ? IF it is Generic PnP you may need a driver. Also what refresh rate are you set to?
    ...you don't need a driver for a monitor. Never needed one on any Dell monitor I've owned. Try plugging the monitor into the wall if you haven't taken it off the UPS already.
    Desktop   15" Macbook Pro Retina
    W7 Ultimate, Core i7 4770k, Crucial M500 240GB SSD   
    16GB RAM, GTX 780, 3x Dell U2412M Surround
       Mavericks, Core i7 4750HQ, 8GB RAM
       256GB SSD, 32GB iPad Air

lol and rage

I'll try switching it off the UPS also it comes and goes the flicker...last night it was horrible and now it doesn't exist or very slight. Also I do have it VGA

EDIT: also it says Dell U2412m in monitors
    rage quit
    My for sale stuff (FS: 920XM ES/ASUS G51J/Everki Beacon/Misc [Best Offer] piecemeal or everything don't care) Recreated It

Is it possible that it's a VGA ground loop? Does the flickering go away if your laptop isn't plugged into the AC adaptor and running on battery? Is there any way that you could use a digital video cable instead?
    Want to help? The Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) project is looking for developers, testers and helpers for icons and maintaining the website - link.
    Have any questions about MPC-HC or the Combined Community Codec Pack? (click for web chat)

lol and rage

Quote Originally Posted by namaiki View Post
    Is it possible that it's a VGA ground loop? Does the flickering go away if your laptop isn't plugged into the AC adaptor and running on battery? Is there any way that you could use a digital video cable instead?
    i only have hdmi on my laptop and the u2412m has DVI and DP or i need to buy an adapter to use those but i have been to cheap. I hope its not a VGA issue because I will want to add another one down the road. Also its not flickering this second(or so little i question if my eyes are making things up) so i am going to wait when it starts to flicker to switch power sources. Also its not a universal flicker it moves and flickers in horizontal lines if i remember correctly. It is not like the whole screen flickers
    rage quit

Notebook Virtuoso

on my new vostro v131, my monitor also behave oddly when on battery(flicker but not sure if it is the same as yours) after i install the newest driver from Intel. It stops once i revert it.

not sure if it is the same issue but worth a try.
    we all want to be god of our small universe

chimpanzee, that sounds like it could be that annoying Intel "Display Power Saving Technology" setting where it tries to do this dynamic contrast kind of thing.

Notebook Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by namaiki View Post
    chimpanzee, that sounds like it could be that annoying Intel "Display Power Saving Technology" setting where it tries to do this dynamic contrast kind of thing.
    yup, seems to be the case but i don't care too much when i found a easy solution :-)

in fact, this Intel GPU has this kind of annoying things here and there. every time i reboot windows, i would see the login screen first then a quick flick(i am using SSD so it boots very fast). never saw it on my other setups.
    we all want to be god of our small universe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast