Quantcast Razer deathadder vs DA black edition?

Closed Thread
    Notebook Deity

Default Razer deathadder vs DA black edition?

Hi guys,

Sorry if there is a post, did a search and found nothing this specific.

I am about to buy the Razer deathadder mouse and we all know that it is not new anymore but still regarded as one of the best mouse for gaming.

How ever Razer has released a v2 of the deathadder, the black edition which has rubber surface and so on. same mouse, different materials.

Now... I am really confused because my first instinct says, new is better! But is it really??

I need your help to figure out if I should buy the new or the old version of the deathadder, they cost exactly the same, the optic inside is 100% the same.

Anyone know anything? had a play with them?

Thanks a lot guys!
    3D Artist - http://www.thomaskc.dk
    Macbook Pro june 2012 "Classic" 2.77Ghz 3rd gen i7, 16GB 1666Mhz Ram, 750GB 7200rpm HD, 1680x1050 Display, 1GB Nvidia 650m.

Notebook Deity

Default Re: Razer deathadder vs DA black edition?

Like I said, its not just cosmetic.. the feeling of holding is different due to material changes, and rubber on the sides on the black edition.
    3D Artist - http://www.thomaskc.dk
    Macbook Pro june 2012 "Classic" 2.77Ghz 3rd gen i7, 16GB 1666Mhz Ram, 750GB 7200rpm HD, 1680x1050 Display, 1GB Nvidia 650m.

The guy from The Notebook

that would be a preference choice only. no one can tell you which one will feel better for you.

Notebook Deity

go with the newer one. I have the logitech gaming mouse and the mouse feet are crap, 4 fell of within 3 months of use and I'm betting it's also the same situation with the Razer model. You can't even buy mouse feet at stores in your area. Only online and that's iffy too. I think Razer knew this was a problem and modified the material with this revision. I'd definitley go for the newer model.

Notebook Consultant

do they make a black edition for left-handers? i'm aware they made a regular left-handed deathadder, what about black edition?

Representing the Canucks

I had a regular DA and the top rubber coating started to peel... same thing happened for the RMA'd replacement. If the black edition is over double the price, forget about it, you're better off saving your money
    Quote Originally Posted by ValkerieFire View Post
    Reminds me of something I heard when I was freshman in college pledging my fraternity. I sat across a bar booth from one of the senior members of the fraternity. He looked me in the eye and said, "pledge, do you know what the best beer in the world is?" I learned toward him eagerly anticipating this knowledge he was about to impart. "No, what is it?" I replied. "Free beer" he whispered back to me.

wat

Quote Originally Posted by thomaskc.dk View Post
    I need your help to figure out if I should buy the new or the old version of the deathadder, they cost exactly the same, the optic inside is 100% the same.

Anyone know anything? had a play with them?

Thanks a lot guys!
    I have the "normal" 3,500 DPI DeathAdder, and I have not tried the Black Edition. I love the way mine feels, but obviously that doesn't really help you since I don't know about the Black Edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob808 View Post
    go with the newer one. I have the logitech gaming mouse and the mouse feet are crap, 4 fell of within 3 months of use and I'm betting it's also the same situation with the Razer model. You can't even buy mouse feet at stores in your area. Only online and that's iffy too. I think Razer knew this was a problem and modified the material with this revision. I'd definitley go for the newer model.
    I'm pretty sure there's no difference in the mouse feet between the two versions. And you can get replacement feet specifically for the DeathAdder from Razer's site. A bit pricey at $10 for a set of two, but those should last a long time.

Obviously everyone will get different mileage based on what they're mousing on, but my original 1,800 DPI DeathAdder from 2007 still has its original feet, and they're slick as ever on my aluminum eXactMat.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBodi View Post
    do they make a black edition for left-handers? i'm aware they made a regular left-handed deathadder, what about black edition?
    Nope, there's no left-handed Black Edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnieb View Post
    I had a regular DA and the top rubber coating started to peel... same thing happened for the RMA'd replacement.
    Do you sweat acid or what? My 2007 DeathAdder still looks brand new after 10 seconds of wiping with a tissue.
    If the black edition is over double the price, forget about it, you're better off saving your money
    They are the exact same price.
    Machine:
    [ i5-2500k @ 4.0GHz | MSI P67A-G43 | Cooler Master V8 | Corsair TX750 V2 750W | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 1600MHz | Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 | ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II triple-slot 1536MB | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 ]
    Periphs:
    [ Hannspree SL231 23-inch 1920x1080 LED | Razer Mamba + Goliathus Alpha extra-large Speed Edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate (Cherry MX Blue) | Belkin n52te | Razer Carcharias ]

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by jacob808 View Post
    I have the logitech gaming mouse and the mouse feet are crap, 4 fell of within 3 months of use
    Have you already contacted Logitech support?

Michael
    Dell Vostro 1500: 15.4" * T7250 * 2 GB RAM * 250 GB HDD * 85Wh battery * Geforce 8600M GT * Win XP Pro
    Acer Aspire 1810TZ: 11.6" * SU4100 * 3 GB RAM * 320 GB HDD * 62Wh battery * Bluetooth * WWAN (UMTS) * Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mastershroom View Post

Do you sweat acid or what? My 2007 DeathAdder still looks brand new after 10 seconds of wiping with a tissue.

They are the exact same price.
    My DA from 2007 is still good too! And I use that everyday. Damn, now garetjax knows which mouse I own. My Diamondback before that started peeling after 3 yrs or so, and I bought that 2nd hand. I am sure my Logitech MX510 still works, (6, 7yrs old?), but I can't find it.