Dimension: 300X262X20 mm
    Voltage: 5V
    Current: 2A
    Power: 10W
    Fan Size: 70x70x10.5 mm, Ball Bearing
    Fan Speed: 1800 - 2600 rpm
    Weight: 650g (1.43 lb)

Testing

I used a heat-probe from an extra Thermaltake temperature monitor that have. I attached the probe to the bottom of the laptop, in the hottest spot, right over the memory. Then I installed a program called Folding@home, to keep a steady load on the laptops` resources. Then, allowed it to run for an hour and half, without turning on the LapCool-2 unit, to allow the temperature to stabilize. It did at a toasty 124 degrees Fahrenheit

Then I flipped on the power switch on the back of the Lapcool-2 unit. But, because the unit was so quiet, had to lift the laptop off just to make sure the LapCool-2 was actually working. It was!!! Then I turned the fan speed adjusting knob to the lowest setting. The temperature began a fast decline for about 2 minutes, slowed, and after 15 minutes, the temperature was at 98 degrees Fahrenheit. A very noticeable change when put my hand on the -ht-spot”. After an hour of watching the temperatures, they stayed between 97 and 102 degrees while still on low. Next I turned the fans up to about medium, according to the speed adjustment knob. The temperatures again began a quick decline to about 92 degrees. I let it run like that for an hour, again checking the temperatures; they stayed between 92 and 96 degrees Fahrenheit. Then I turned the fans up to their maximum speed. This time however, the temperature only dropped a little, and after another hour of watching temperatures, they remained in the 90 to 94 degree range. The bottom of the laptop is now much cooler than when it started, the LapCool-2 made sure of that. The LapCool-2 is a lightweight unit...
    I wasreally glad how well the Vantec LapCool-2 performs. It is lite-weight, quiet and the USB hub is a welcome feature.

The LapCool 2 includes 2 storage compartments at its base, perfect for storing memory cards and cables. Easy to store, easy to carry, easy to use

Adjustable Fan Speed
    Aluminum Alloy Faceplate
    4 Port USB 2.0 Hub
    Ultra Silent Fan
    Build-In Cable Storage
    Sleek, Compact Design

Pros
    looks nice
    Light-weight
    Quiet
    4-port USB hub
    Good cooling

Cons
    I found none. Great product!

price:49 usd.

[][][]

---:::Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO M 1420,1.7 dathon,1 gb ram,ati 9600pro 128,crystal bright+15,4 WXGA over 22 million:::---
    http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/images/m1420_big.jpg

Notebook Evangelist

[][][]

actually, what is the meaning of notebook,it must be compatible,it must be gone somewhere quick,but extras does it make hard this stuff?
    so why dont manufacturers built up new desktop replacement well and forget cooling systems?so the notebook s life down...

[][][]

Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO M 1420,1.7 dathon,1 gb ram,ati 9600pro 128,crystal bright+15,4 WXGA over 22 million

http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/images/m1420_big.jpg

election 2008

Default Re: Vantec Lapcool review...

Can anyone comment on the quality of this Lapcool2 unit? Also, I guess the price hasn't changed much in over three years (since this review was done in 2004...)
    | Black Dell m1330 |T7500|3GB|LED WXGA+|8400GS|4965/BT/AT&T|1GB ITM|
    | acer c314xmi tablet pc | ubuntu 8.04b hardy |

help shelter pets without spending a penny
    please vote for the US election(s) in 2008 if you can

Notebook Consultant

Will the Lapcool 2 support 17 inch widescreen notebooks? Also, is the LPC 301 model the same as the LPC 305, except for color? It is quite a bit cheaper...

Notebook Consultant

My lapcool 4 is narrower than my G1S by almost an inch. It overhangs as it is, so it really depends on how planar the bottom of your laptop is, and if it will sit flat on the rubber feet.

Your best bet is to get a manufacturer measurement and see where it would lie.
    I have rehosted the G1S XP driver pack here
    Feel free to download, rehost, etc. If you know who released the original pack, please let me know.

Build your own laptop cooler, for the best results possible