Quantcast Razer DeathAdder double-click issue

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notebook Evangelist

Default Razer DeathAdder double-click issue

Sometimes when I single-click with the left mouse button, the DeathAdder performs a double-click. It's really annoying when it happens. What should I do?

By the way, I performed a Google search regarding this and it seems quite a few people have this problem with this mouse.

wat

Default Re: Razer DeathAdder double-click issue

Hmm, that's never happened with mine, and it's over a year old. Perhaps contact Razer support and see if they'll replace it?
    Machine:
    [ i5-2500k @ 4.0GHz | MSI P67A-G43 | Cooler Master V8 | Corsair TX750 V2 750W | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 1600MHz | Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 | ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II triple-slot 1536MB | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 ]
    Periphs:
    [ Hannspree SL231 23-inch 1920x1080 LED | Razer Mamba + Goliathus Alpha extra-large Speed Edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate (Cherry MX Blue) | Belkin n52te | Razer Carcharias ]

Notebook Consultant

Many mice do that... my logitech v220 started doing it a few weeks ago and logitech actually has an FAQ for it. To remedy the situation go to MyComputer > click on the Organize Tab (upper left) > click Folder and Search Options > and under Click Items As Follows select Single Click. It reduces the number of times a double click will happen, but I have notice once in a while it might squeeze in another. I thought for a while I messed up the clicker cause I gamed heavily on it (im one of those players that clicks pretty hard). So let me know if it helps you out.
    Future Alienware M??x owner!

Notebook Consultant

i had the same problem recently..

u have to open the mouse ...and clean up the dust inside.

read this: Dismantling the C&C3 Red Razer Deathadder - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

screws are located at 3 points:
    HP Pavilion DV6-1311TX:

Intel C2D P8700 2.53 Ghz | ATI Mobility Radeon HD4650 1GB VRAM | 500 GB HDD |15.6" Brightview Display 16:9 (1366X768) | Windows 7 Home Premium

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Mastershroom View Post
    Hmm, that's never happened with mine, and it's over a year old. Perhaps contact Razer support and see if they'll replace it?

Good luck with that. Unless you bought the mouse from one of their list of authorized retailers (and not from ebay, etc) they'll refuse to honor any warranty or do any repairs on it.

Custom Title! WooHoooo !!

Easily solved by replacing the microswitch. (if cleaning it didn't work)

Heavily abused mice or mice with bad microswitch often have this because of wear-and tear
    dell Panda 1400: T5270 T7250 T7700 T8100 T9300 (LOL)/4GB/GMA X3100
    /WD3200BEKT + WD1200BEVS/3945ABG 5300N/added dell 355BT/added Sierra MC8781
    /added camera+inspiron1420 front bezel/DVD-Combo DVD-RW DL/winXP + Win7 x64/G700 + QCK/Backbeat 903+
    Vostro 1400 DIY Internal USB Hub (dongle-less AnywhereMX beats BT mice anytime )

wat

Quote Originally Posted by Narthecium View Post
    Good luck with that. Unless you bought the mouse from one of their list of authorized retailers (and not from ebay, etc) they'll refuse to honor any warranty or do any repairs on it.
    I bought it directly from Razer's own site.
    Machine:
    [ i5-2500k @ 4.0GHz | MSI P67A-G43 | Cooler Master V8 | Corsair TX750 V2 750W | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 1600MHz | Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 | ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II triple-slot 1536MB | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 ]
    Periphs:
    [ Hannspree SL231 23-inch 1920x1080 LED | Razer Mamba + Goliathus Alpha extra-large Speed Edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate (Cherry MX Blue) | Belkin n52te | Razer Carcharias ]

I myself have the same "duo click" problem recently, since i update to the latest DA driver & firmware. When i try single click, it just double it up; also when i hold & drag it just releases... very annoying... I then use an uninstall program to delete the driver & firmware completely, then my mice come back to normal ! Interesting.
    My oppinion is that the real problem is in the firmware....

Notebook Consultant

I would email Razer and get an rma to send it in if it is still under warranty
    Lenovo y560: i7q720, 4gb pc3-8500, ATI 5730
    CM u2 Notepal Cooler: bgGears 120mm fan+OE fans
    OCZ Behemoth mouse pad
    Logitech G700

There's a firmware update that fixes this issue on the razer site, it worked for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast