Quantcast Bluetooth, Is it worth it?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default Bluetooth, Is it worth it?

I'm getting a new laptop and there is the option of bluetooth. I know what it is, but is it worth it? I'm not convinced that I.. or anybody needs bluetooth in their notebook. Why would somebody want it?

Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: Bluetooth, Is it worth it?

i use it coz i have a wireless mouse (apple mighty mouse) and i absolutely love the wireless freedom. i also use it to connect my nokia phone sometimes to transfer pics i took on it or music n stuff. some people use it to connect wireless headsets, which are rather expensive and i dont really use em, but i understand the reason of wanting one...wireless is the way to go. i doubt ur gonna be spending much more for a laptop with bluetooth, i believe its hard to get a laptop withOUT bluetooth built in these days. and i'd rather have it in my laptop than not, who knows when u'll find the need for it? its not gonna cost much more. on the other hand, u can buy a bluetooth dongle which connects to ur USB for like $10. but i'd go built in..its easier

Notebook Consultant

Why wouldn't you want built-in bluetooth. I use it for my Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse, no need for an additional USB thing to take up one of my ports. Unfortunately, the Bluetooth mouse goes through batteries much faster than "regular" USB wireless mice do.

Also, you can transfer files wirelessly and listen to music with a bluetooth headset. It was only a $20.00 option for my notebook and I remember wishing I would have it than not.

To each their own, you might not need it; but later on you could find a use for it. If you get a Dell computer, you can install a Bluetooth 2.0 module easily with little trouble.

NetBook/Lil' Notebook
    Acer Aspire 1410
    Ruby Red

Master Viking

Bluetooth is a requirement for me in a laptop or portable device.

stereo headphones, wiimote, mouse/keyboard, hands free headset, data transfer. I use all of those on occasion and its all via bluetooth.

Notebook Geek

Not a big fan, but included it anyway. For $20 (-$5 with coupon so really $15), its worth it, cause I think bluetooth technology is the future, I'd rather get it now than regret not having it sometime down the road.
    Dell XPS 1530 Midnight Blue
    T8300 Processor 2.4 GHz 3 MB Cache
    4 GB RAM at 667MHz
    250 GB HDD 7200 RPM
    NVIDIA 8600M-GT 256 MB GPU
    WSXGA+ 1680x1050 Screen
    Bluetooth Capabilities

Ahlball

Quote Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC View Post
    Bluetooth is a requirement for me in a laptop or portable device.

stereo headphones, wiimote, mouse/keyboard, hands free headset, data transfer. I use all of those on occasion and its all via bluetooth.

Second that, +7rep

Plus, with some phones you can transfer ringers and wallpapers, i guess that would be in data transfer though.

Extended Signature
    "If hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" ~ Nikola Tesla

Notebook Consultant

Bluetooth shouldn't be an option anymore. I think bluetooth should be integrated just like any other component on the motherboard.

Wireless transfers are the way to go.

Master Viking

Quote Originally Posted by ahl395 View Post
    Second that, +7rep

Plus, with some phones you can transfer ringers and wallpapers, i guess that would be in data transfer though.
    yeah, I have custom ringers & themes on my phone that I transfered from my pc. Pay .99$ for a tone? I dont think so I would rather have the whole song for free. Plus kick it up a notch and make your own tones or customize them first on your pc via a audio editor.

Notebook Retailer

Bluetooth is USB without wires...without it is like saying "yes, I want a mobile phone with land line please" =). Some might argue its more secure...but...
    Henry Chang
    Qbitonline.com
    henry.chang@qbitonline.com
    Direct from Taiwan

Frorum Obfuscator

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy40k View Post
    I'm getting a new laptop and there is the option of bluetooth. I know what it is, but is it worth it? I'm not convinced that I.. or anybody needs bluetooth in their notebook. Why would somebody want it?
    O.o Who got a time machine and turned it back to 2000?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast